The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

How do I pay my rent if I won't be getting any loan yet?

Hi,
So my mum still had some outstanding info she had to send in but after ringing student finance they told me they have everything they need and are just processing it. This won't be completed and I won't receive anything until 11th October. I mean it's ok as I have some savings in my account and my parents will help if needed but I need to pay my first terms uni accommodation on the 8th I think or at least before I'll be getting loans. I can't afford it until I get my loans/grants. I've emailed them but what should I do/any advice.

Thanks!!:smile:
Original post by Resh19
Hi,
So my mum still had some outstanding info she had to send in but after ringing student finance they told me they have everything they need and are just processing it. This won't be completed and I won't receive anything until 11th October. I mean it's ok as I have some savings in my account and my parents will help if needed but I need to pay my first terms uni accommodation on the 8th I think or at least before I'll be getting loans. I can't afford it until I get my loans/grants. I've emailed them but what should I do/any advice.

Student account overdraft

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Resh19
Hi,

Email your accommodation officers (or w/e you call them at your uni) and explain your situation. Did you get some sort booklet/book or even a invoice? They normally say to contact your accommodation officers if you have any issues paying on the date. Check your uni accommodation website. They are normally understanding and allow a few days extension if its issues with Student Finance.
Original post by Resh19
Hi,

best to talk to student accommodation office from which ever campus you are on and explain what's happening. but do this as soon as possible, maybe over the next week or after you get your flat key next weekend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending