The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tednol
I'd like to ask the females of the board for their opinions of pierced eyebrows of guys. I'm vaguley thinking about getting one done. Attractive? Unattractive? Or is it completely down to whether it suits the guys personality?

And on the subject of piercings, any girls have any experience of lads with PA's? Again, any opinions would be gratefully received.

Ed

LOL personally i don't think you'd suit one - neither would i - your face is too good looking to have holes punched in it lol
Reply 21
isee
*TOTALLY OFF TOPIC* but this is another thing that makes me cringe more than anything in the wolrd!!

AHEM! Yes. Seriously, this is so harsh but it made me think of the whole piercing thing. ALso a warning to anyone who wants to take a pee in a river :O

This here is a candiru. It's the smallest species of catfish - the one in the picture is a little over 40 cm long. Its young 'uns are even smaller, about a tenth that length and are really slim, only .4 - .6 cm wide (this will be important later.) They're also spiny and replete with sharp bones (again, important later.) So why are these fish considered so assholic?
This fish feeds on blood. It's a parasite. It usually follows the stream of water expelled from the gills of larger fish and into the larger fish. There, it embeds itself and starts feeding. It's not discriminate, however, and will follow any warm stream of water, including urine. Because it's so small, its entry into one's urogenital opening causes only a slight tickle, "almost a sexual tickle," according to someone or other. Once in the urethra, however, it deploys its spikes, causing excruciating pain to the victim. Intense, non-stop pain, enough to make some victims resort to amputation and/or death. But wait, there's more! It causes massive bleeding in order to feed, which opens up the host to urinary tract infections and more pain. It also expands as its body fills with your blood. Again, more excruciating pain. Currently, this fish is only found in the Amazon and Oranoco Rivers in South America. However, it's only a matter of time before some big asshole bring some back and introduce them to other places, say, the Florida swamps, where other foreign catfish species are already dominating native fauna. Isn't that lovely?

Some more factoids about the candiru:
- More men have reported this happening to them, even though the fish is more likely to attack women.
- Xaqua plant and the Buitach Apple, if inserted into the urethra (causing yet more pain,) would poison, kill, and dissolve this fish, although there's always a trade off when one inserts a substance that can dissolve flesh into one's urogenital opening.
- The candiru can also be removed surgically.
- There's no quick way to stop the pain - both the aforementioned methods are very slow.
- This fish amuses me to no end.

I have heard about that fish before. I makes me smile uncomfortably, whilst crossing my legs.
Well, if it's anything it would really suit you :wink:. You have to be one of the types of guys for them to suit you, and you are one of them by the looks of it.
Reply 23
Do you need to stick a piece of metal in your face to make a statement?
Who said anything about making a statement? Maybe he just thinks it looks good.
I do. Go for it, my man!
Reply 25
They are awkward (especially if you intend on having a drinky) and I don't think it'll enhance your features any. (In a nice way!)
Reply 26
i think some guys look great with pierced eyebrows. others look really stupid. from the pics i've seen of you, i'd imagine you would suit it. and they o heal quickly, so if you don't like it, it woudl heal really quickly.

as for PAs, i've heard it is meant to be good, but the idea isa bit repulsive to me. getting your tongue pierced is also meant to be particularly nice for girlies.

lou xxx
Reply 27
G4ry
Do you need to stick a piece of metal in your face to make a statement?

suspicious_fish
Who said anything about making a statement? Maybe he just thinks it looks good.
I do. Go for it, my man!

Thank you Suspicious Fish for making the point I would have made!
lou p
i think some guys look great with pierced eyebrows. others look really stupid. from the pics i've seen of you, i'd imagine you would suit it. and they o heal quickly, so if you don't like it, it woudl heal really quickly.

as for PAs, i've heard it is meant to be good, but the idea isa bit repulsive to me. getting your tongue pierced is also meant to be particularly nice for girlies.

lou xxx

PAs and other penis piercings (there are loads) are not much of a turn on for me, though they don't disgust me either.
Tednol
Thank you Suspicious Fish for making the point I would have made!

Any time.
It's always good to put people's assumptions right.
Reply 30
piginapoke
Then you could say, do you need to do your hair a certain way or wear certain clothes to make a statement?

No, i don't. If this is the only way a person can express their individuality then i feel sorry for them
Reply 31
i think tednol would look tres sexy with an eyebrow piercing :biggrin:
Reply 32
G4ry
No, i don't. If this is the only way a person can express their individuality then i feel sorry for them

Saying that kind of thing has become just as much of a cliche as having a piercing to be an "individual". Let people be who they're going to be.

but, as you've asked for our opinion Tednol, I don't think it will add to your features to have one - unless you're going to start plucking your eyebrows I fear it may look a little erm... silly? But that's just my personal opinion.
G4ry

Again, not necessarily a way to express individuality.
Just a way to look nice.
Reply 34
eyebrow percings pop out eventually dont they?
Baron
eyebrow percings pop out eventually dont they?

Sort of.... they gradually grow out over a few years. It's a sort of temporary piercing.
Reply 36
ah well then, even if you do get one and you dont like it, its not all doom and gloom
Baron
ah well then, even if you do get one and you dont like it, its not all doom and gloom

Precisely.
I'm debating whether or not to get my neck pierced.... that is a permanent thing. Beautiful, though: http://www.portholetosoul.com/images/neck_piercing.jpg
http://www.rituals.net/peregrine/photos/piercing/surface/neck4.jpg
piginapoke
Grr, I thought it was going to be a bolt at each side...

That would be funky.
So, you think I should take the plunge?
Reply 39
piginapoke
Grr, I thought it was going to be a bolt at each side...

i was hoping.... wouldnt be good when eating or breathing tho

Latest