The Student Room Group

Geography - Exeter (Cornwall Campus)

I have booked to go visit Exeter uni (Cornwall campus) but I am worried that I really won't like it as it is so small and not a typical uni. Is this course even good at Cornwall? I know that Exeter uni itself ranks highly for geography but does this include the Cornwall campus?
Original post by GeographyGirl97
I have booked to go visit Exeter uni (Cornwall campus) but I am worried that I really won't like it as it is so small and not a typical uni. Is this course even good at Cornwall? I know that Exeter uni itself ranks highly for geography but does this include the Cornwall campus?

Hey :smile: I'm at the Cornwall campus doing geology. I'm not sure what the geography course is like but I love the Cornwall campus as it is so small. Walking around you bump into people you know or have previously met at freshers events. The nightlife is definitely not great! But being in Cornwall makes up for it, with the beaches and beautiful countryside!
Reply 2
Original post by GeographyGirl97

i am in my first year doing geography at the cornwall campus and the fact that it is small is the reason i love it so much. i commute in as i live only 10 miles away from uni but i have friends who stay on campus and the accommodation is lovely and there are always loads of events being run by the student union. people often go to the beach for the day and if you join the geography society then they run loads of regular events around cornwall. the course is excellent and it has the same level of rank as the campus in exeter itself, i have just been on a field trip for a couple of days and it lovely to be able study geography using the cornish landscape. the lecturers are great too, i have a wonderful personal tutor and they don't mind you asking loads of questions even though you think you might be annoying them lol.
i literally could not see myself studying anywhere else.
if you want to ask any other things about geography at exeter cornwall then feel free to ask!
Reply 3
Just got an offer for AAB, I haven't visited on the open day though 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
the good thing about applying at the cornwall campus is that because less people know about it the requirements for offers are generally lower than similar courses at the exeter campuses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending