Report 6 years ago
(Original post by court_x_x)
Would you be accepted on to a law course, if you study these a-levels
Law
Biology
Psychology
English Literature

thank you
They're fine as long as you can get the grades. The only problem one is actually law as many places don't like the A Level.
Pectorac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would you be accepted on to a law course, if you study these a-levels
Law
Biology
Psychology
English Literature

thank you
Well it's not just your subject choice which allows you to be accepted. You have to perform decently at AS, get the required grades at A2, have a good personal statement and show that you have done research and/or work experience related to what you're applying for. Are you looking at any universities specifically? Those subjects would be fine for a law degree, but as I said that's only part of your application.
aoxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends where you want to go to uni - lots of unis don't like law a-level. It's also quite a competitive course - so you'd have to get the grades.
RosieEPQ
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Assuming you do well in them and maybe have some relevant work experience and a good personal statement, I don't think they'd be a problem
court_x_x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Pectorac)
Well it's not just your subject choice which allows you to be accepted. You have to perform decently at AS, get the required grades at A2, have a good personal statement and show that you have done research and/or work experience related to what you're applying for. Are you looking at any universities specifically? Those subjects would be fine for a law degree, but as I said that's only part of your application.
I personally, just want to know if the a-levels would help me get onto a decent law degree.However, my options that have been selected also reflect my interest in forensic science therefore i wanted to select options that ensure, i can have good career paths open for me.
I'm a hard-working person, so hopefully if i put the effort into my work, I will get good grade, furthermore I'm also applying to a funded programme, which helps people with an interest in law, have work experience in a law firm and receive advice.
Pectorac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I personally, just want to know if the a-levels would help me get onto a decent law degree.However, my options that have been selected also reflect my interest in forensic science therefore i wanted to select options that ensure, i can have good career paths open for me.
I'm a hard-working person, so hopefully if i put the effort into my work, I will get good grade, furthermore I'm also applying to a funded programme, which helps people with an interest in law, have work experience in a law firm and receive advice.
Again, your subject choice is only a part of your application. Most universities say that there are no specific subjects needed, as long as you take decently respected subjects and get good grades in them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.09%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.64%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.8%

Watched Threads