The Student Room Group

What to do after a one night stand?

So, to cut a long story short on Monday I had a one night stand, where I lost my virginity. The guy I slept with also said that he was a virgin and we seemed to be getting on pretty well together. He was really complimentary of me and really nice, saying that he was glad it was me and other things.

However, after we had finished (we had sat kissing and cuddling a little while after sex) he left the room and while he was gone a couple of his flat mates came in, which was awkward. After this he did not come back (in his own flat I must add) and I don't know if his flat mates had said anything to him (I'm overweight - I'm assuming that they may have taken the p**s). Anyway, after sitting around waiting for him to come back for a while I left too. On the way out one of his flat mates said that he had wanted to give me his number, but did not know where he had gone either.

I have found him on Facebook and now I am not sure whether I should send him a message? And exactly what to say. I was not sure if I should have left him my contact details so that he could get in touch with me if he wanted. Or whether I was just being used and fell for flattery that got me into his bed? Some advice would be very helpful

Scroll to see replies

If you want to message him then message him, it's no good trying to guess what he's thinking or asking people who know even less about the night than you do. The worst that can happen is he's no longer interested.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
If you want to message him then message him, it's no good trying to guess what he's thinking or asking people who know even less about the night than you do. The worst that can happen is he's no longer interested.

Agreed. It's really up to you, and do you want to ask a jerk why is he being a jerk? :/
Reply 3
I once had a one night stand. A week later a girl added me on Facebook and asked me for some money for the morning after pill! After explaining to her I didn't pay for sex she soon got the message. Another time I had a girls friend add me on Facebook. Again this was weird.

Accept you had a bit of fun, lost the learner plates and can now move on. He is not in love with you and never will be. His story of being a virgin is probably rubbish. I've made up all sorts of lies to get women into bed. The next day I generally never want to see them again. Unless they were unbelievably special.

Leave the guy alone. He got what he wanted. I'm not being harsh but his mates were probably trying to wind him up. Generally people don't want to date someone who puts it out on the first night. If you wanted a bf then you should have gotten his number before sleeping with him and gone on some dates.
Its rare to follow up on a one night stand.
If youre that concious about your weight that you thought his friends came in to judge you then you should lose weight tbh. Go into the fitness section of tsr, a lot of the regular posters are former overweight people who can point you in the right direction if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Good that it was a reasonable experience. This said the ending seems pretty disrespectful and one night standish. Personally I would wait to see if he tracks you down on facebook of if your paths cross again and you can judge if there's anything doing. But go with your instinct..
Reply 6
Oh snap you caught the feels for him...
Reply 7
its ok m8. listen to some Drake, and cry it out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't chase after him - he doesn't seem worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the issue is the weight either:

a) Go on a diet?; OR
b) Be prepared to do filthy things to keep him; OR
c) Hope he's a chubby chaser.
Reply 10
Original post by Sheena1
Oh snap you caught the feels for him...

This.
If you think his friends mocking you is bad, it could always be worse. I seen a thread on another forum this week where a lad pulled a really fat bird when he was drunk and then uploaded a pic of her sleeping to the forum, said there was a whale in his bed and asked for advice. Pages of fat jokes and hilarious photoshops ensued.

So look on the bright side, at least he didn't do that!
Reply 12
Original post by Le Nombre
If the issue is the weight either:

a) Go on a diet?; OR
b) Be prepared to do filthy things to keep him; OR
c) Hope he's a chubby chaser.

Alternatively she could use more judgement to avoid contact with and seeking advice from unpleasant, judgemental, low intellect guys.
Reply 13
Original post by IanDangerously
If you think his friends mocking you is bad, it could always be worse. I seen a thread on another forum this week where a lad pulled a really fat bird when he was drunk and then uploaded a pic of her sleeping to the forum, said there was a whale in his bed and asked for advice. Pages of fat jokes and hilarious photoshops ensued.

Good for OP to appreciate there are even worse unpleasant people available to give advice.
Original post by Zarek
Good for OP to appreciate there are even worse unpleasant people available to give advice.

It was unpleasant but I found it kinda funny. :tongue:
Reply 15
It was unpleasant but I found it kinda funny. :tongue:

Suggests you have little empathy for others feelings or a somewhat cruel streak.
Reply 16
I suppose if you really wanted to see if he wanted to get in touch you could send him a friend request and see how he reacts. It might be one night of fun, it might be something to go back to, either way it might feel better if you hear it from him instead of his flatmates.
Reply 17

LOOOOOOOL I saw that thread too! :rofl:
TBH, the fact he left the room and didn't come back sounds like he's not interested in anything further happening. You could always friend request him, but don't be too surprised if he doesn't accept.

Could be worse- I had a one night stand who got me to sleep on the sofa afterwards :tongue:
Original post by Zarek
Alternatively she could use more judgement to avoid contact with and seeking advice from unpleasant, judgemental, low intellect guys.

Unpleasant and judgemental I'll admit to, low intellect seems a bit harsh on a very limited sample size.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending