Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    see i am in year 11 and i am looking for six form or college, and i wanna which are the best places (i live in london but i don't mind to go to other city)
    and i also wanna know which is better: six form and college??
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    see i am in year 11 and i am looking for six form or college, and i wanna which are the best places (i live in london but i don't mind to go to other city)
    and i also wanna know which is better: six form and college??
    thanx
    It dosn't matter too much at A level as you are getting the same qualifcations. Just have a look at the sixth form league tables and choose one with good results in London.

As longs as you don't go to a crappy community college you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    so give me an example please!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anything about the colleges in London. www.education.guardian.co.uk for league tables of colleges in your area.

ReputationRep:
    thanks do u know what is the difference between six form and college??? which one is better?? some of my firend says that six form is better and some say college is good! i am confused
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    Sith forms tend to be in high schools where as sixth form colleges are set in a college. In general the sixth form tends to be better as the college ones can atract people not really up to the standard. I went to a 6th form college, the average UCAS point score there was 100. My sister goes to a 6th form a grammar school, her schools average score is 350.

ReputationRep:
    will it be a big problem you go into a bad ( well, a better adjustive would be "lower-ranked") and your teachers predict you to get 2A1B something in A-level.

my Q is, will it affect the offers from U as you are from lower ranked College or it is not a important factor?

is it necessary to go to a better reputation college? even you have started the A-Level already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistudnet)
    Sith forms tend to be in high schools where as sixth form colleges are set in a college. In general the sixth form tends to be better as the college ones can atract people not really up to the standard. I went to a 6th form college, the average UCAS point score there was 100. My sister goes to a 6th form a grammar school, her schools average score is 350.
    is that right??!!! ok so that means sixth form is kinda of better right?? ok thanxs

ReputationRep:
    is that right??!!! ok so that means sixth form is kinda of better right?? ok thanxs
    In general yes but there are some very good colleges about.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say that @ college you need to be more self-disciplined. noone will chase you up for work as there are just so many people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    i'd say that @ college you need to be more self-disciplined. noone will chase you up for work as there are just so many people.
    so what about sixth form??

ReputationRep:
    sixth forms tend to be more like school (cos they are part of a school). i left my school to go go to college (they both had very similar results and it is one of the top colleges in the country). i am so glad i left, i get more free time, it's more relaxed, but it's less disiplined than school and you have to have motivatio. one isn't better than the other. college was right for me, but my twin brother felt 6th form was right for him.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    sixth forms tend to be more like school (cos they are part of a school). i left my school to go go to college (they both had very similar results and it is one of the top colleges in the country). i am so glad i left, i get more free time, it's more relaxed, but it's less disiplined than school and you have to have motivatio. one isn't better than the other. college was right for me, but my twin brother felt 6th form was right for him.

lou xxx
    Yeah motivation is very important, I had a lot of motivation at college but other students and failed. Teachers won't chase up work at college where as 6th form school they do.

ReputationRep:
    I go to a 'sixth form college', its average points is around 350 per student some colleges are very bad, but ours is apparently one of the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I go to a 'sixth form college', its average points is around 350 per student some colleges are very bad, but ours is apparently one of the best
    and which is that??

ReputationRep:
    and which is that??
    NEW college in pontefract ( nowhere near London)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.