The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Liverpool John Moores vs Nottingham Trent

Hey People,

Which of these university is best for product design or a similar course? (teaching, facilities available, job prospects etc)
Id like to live in a campus based university with a city close by in range.
Also which Uni is best for Social and Night life?
Finally which of these is a safer place to live in, in terms of crime, racism etc..
thanks
Reply 1
I went to Nottingham Trent University and I was least bit pleased. This is probably because I the campus I would have been on would miles away from any human life form (brackenhurst), I would have thought product design would be closer to the city centre
However, when I went to LJM I was sold as soon as I step out of the train station! The city had so much going on, so much to do and the night life looked incredible(many clubs and bars) Everyone was really helpful and there is a range of different cultures. That's just the city! the university was so modern, and it was very close to the Liverpool uni.
Im looking at zoology, so im hoping to get into Liverpool or LJM, idk about your course. I recommend going on open days, get a good feel of the city and the university
Liverpool
Original post by RJJackson
I went to Nottingham Trent University and I was least bit pleased. This is probably because I the campus I would have been on would miles away from any human life form (brackenhurst), I would have thought product design would be closer to the city centre
However, when I went to LJM I was sold as soon as I step out of the train station! The city had so much going on, so much to do and the night life looked incredible(many clubs and bars) Everyone was really helpful and there is a range of different cultures. That's just the city! the university was so modern, and it was very close to the Liverpool uni.
Im looking at zoology, so im hoping to get into Liverpool or LJM, idk about your course. I recommend going on open days, get a good feel of the city and the university

I completely agree Nottingham was nice but Liverpool is absolutely amazing!
I've looked at the product design course at Nottingham Trent, and I must admit, it has produced some great talent lately! I am from Liverpool so my opinion is slightly biased when I say its a great city for anybody at any age.

John Moores looked like it was a good university for facilities - you get the opportunity to design the body for the Formula Student Car.. there is no formula student at Nottingham Trent. (that I know of)

Nottingham appears to be the central hub for jobs and intern opportunities, I am not too sure about Liverpool if I'm honest.

From what I know, everything is central and I have never had any problems with crime - at the end of the day, use your common sense.. if you go looking for trouble then you'll find it
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending