The Student Room Group

Imperial Graduate Medicine A109 2015 Entry :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slinky38362
Hi guys

Where are people looking to get accommodation.

Hopefully somewhere ridiculously cheap? :P unrealistic I know.

Really doubting whether I can afford this course.
Reply 121
Just to confirm - as I got an email from admissions today saying "[the Faculty of Medicine] have yet to make any decisions regarding A109 and these will not be made until after the final round of interviews" - you guys have offers for Imperial College's graduate entry 5 year A109 course... right? I'm not being stupid, this September (6 months time) is 2015 entry.

Has anyone had any rejections?
Original post by siarc
Just to confirm - as I got an email from admissions today saying "[the Faculty of Medicine] have yet to make any decisions regarding A109 and these will not be made until after the final round of interviews" - you guys have offers for Imperial College's graduate entry 5 year A109 course... right? I'm not being stupid, this September (6 months time) is 2015 entry.

Has anyone had any rejections?

Yes, I definitely have an offer, it's on UCAS Track and I've also called up Imperial medical admissions to ask a few questions and was congratulated on my offer which I'm going to take up. Whoever I called said they'd sent out 22 offers in total.. this was maybe 3 weeks ago as well?
Reply 123
Hmm. Very different information in each email I've received. Thanks for the info. Congratulations on your offer!
I really liked imperial when I went to see it on open day about 2 years ago. It's a shame that they've made such difficult financial decisions about the course if it was funded like the normal GEM course they'd have a much larger pool of students to choose from. I assume a lot of people who applied were international students?
Okay I'm really confused. I had not looked at my track for a while and assumed I had got a rejected from imperial (without interview). But it still says they are considering my application. Can I assume I get a rejection or does this mean there is a slight glimmer of hope I may be called for an interview? It seems that some pre interview rejections have already been sent out so I'm really confused now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JWoodcraft
Has anybody else heard anything from Imperial lately? A couple of my mates both got rejections for A109 last week at exactly the same time. I've heard they invite applicants for another batch of interviews in January but have those already been given out? I haven't heard anything from them and don't know whether thats a good thing or a bad thing. Any info would be appreciated if anybody knows anything.

Did you get an interview? If not I'm in the same position as you and totally confused! I have heard nothing at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CHallows
Did you get an interview? If not I'm in the same position as you and totally confused! I have heard nothing at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still haven't heard anything, no. I did call them last week though and they said they are being really slow this year with their decisions and the admissions team are just sending them out as and when they receive them. They did however say that if we haven't yet been invited to interview then it's pretty unlikely that we will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still haven't heard anything, no. I did call them last week though and they said they are being really slow this year with their decisions and the admissions team are just sending them out as and when they receive them. They did however say that if we haven't yet been invited to interview then it's pretty unlikely that we will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. It's strange how your friends were rejected so long ago and we have not heard anything. Maybe they go through things in a certain order. Looks like there is no hope for us then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I just wanted to say that in 3 years time I would love to be in your positions!:biggrin:
I was just wandering what GCSE grades you all got ? if you don't mind me asking 😊:biggrin::smile:
Thanks xx!!!
(PS. I'm in year 11 :yep::yep:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by CHallows
Okay I'm really confused. I had not looked at my track for a while and assumed I had got a rejected from imperial (without interview). But it still says they are considering my application. Can I assume I get a rejection or does this mean there is a slight glimmer of hope I may be called for an interview? It seems that some pre interview rejections have already been sent out so I'm really confused now!

I had an interview and still haven't heard, though I was told when I emailed asking why I hadn't heard that the decisions would only be sent out after the last round of interviews on the 18th of March. There's still a chance up until that date for you, albeit a particularly slim one.
Reply 131
Original post by diana99
Hey! I just wanted to say that in 3 years time I would love to be in your positions!:biggrin:
I was just wandering what GCSE grades you all got ? if you don't mind me asking :biggrin::smile:
Thanks xx!!!
(PS. I'm in year 11 :yep::yep:)

You'd be doing well to have a degree three years after GCSEs! Is there a new 1 year A Level and 2 year degree programme I haven't seen?!

I got 6 A's and 4 B's for GCSE, no straight A*s required unless you're planning (which I suspect since you mentioned 3 years time, unless my maths is off) to apply for undergraduate entry. On that note - definitely go for medicine as an undergraduate, its a lot less competitive than as a graduate.
Original post by siarc
You'd be doing well to have a degree three years after GCSEs! Is there a new 1 year A Level and 2 year degree programme I haven't seen?!

I got 6 A's and 4 B's for GCSE, no straight A*s required unless you're planning (which I suspect since you mentioned 3 years time, unless my maths is off) to apply for undergraduate entry. On that note - definitely go for medicine as an undergraduate, its a lot less competitive than as a graduate.

Oh no haha sorry!:biggrin:
I was talking about the undergraduate course:smile:
so what GCSE grades you you reckon would give me a good chance of doing the undergraduate medicine course?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::redface:
Original post by discokittens
(Coming out of my lurking to write this post!)
I got my offer last night also! Only saw it this morning :smile:

Am also worried about the finance..... :s-smilie:
I had a look at the fee calculator, but it looks like we get a loan to cover some of the tuition fee? Or maybe I entered some details wrong..

Hey, may I know what's your BMAT score? (Would really like to know wha't a competitive score)
Original post by Bellatrix_89
I had my interview on the 16th - they say two weeks to hear back and we have had Xmas & NY - has anyone heard back??

Hi, may I ask what did you score on each section of the BMAT if you don't mind?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending