Opinions on New Age Philosophy?

Watch
SleepingStag
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
OK so I was procrastinating on YouTube (as you do) and I ended up (starting with a video about the Scottish independence vote being rigged I must add) somehow on a channel called SpiritScience. After watching some of the videos it became clear I had reached that milestone of procrastination - the weird side of YouTube. Video titles included stuff about psychic abilities, higher dimensions, Atlantis, Martians, communicating with aliens, etc. However it also had some stuff on topics like meditation and lucid dreaming, the first of those being proven to be healthy and the second real (since you can quite easily do it yourself). It set me thinking about all these new age philosophy/spirit science/metaphysics type groups. Now I have always been very sceptical towards their ideas and I guess ticked them off as a bunch of crazy people trying to create hype. But what's your opinion on these ways of thinking? Do you think they are making any sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Crystal healing, homoeopathy, salt lamps, ear candles, astrology, ley lines, ghosts, alien abductions, telepathy, divination ... nonsense.

Meditation ... not dissimilar from concentration, power napping and quiet prayer. Doing one's best thinking in the bath / shower is similar to meditation.

Lucid dreaming ... I could do that until I got to about 14.
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't know what 'New Age Philosophy' is but 'New Age' immediately sets alarm bells ringing. Those people are kooks, any time spent wondering about them is time wasted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (459)
56.53%
I don't have everything I need (353)
43.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed