The Student Room Group

Can you help rate my chances of uni? (3rd year in A-Level)

Hi Ive been thinking and worrying about this a lot lately so would like a second opinion, I've got a bad feeling ill be ending next spring with no offers and I'm kinda having trouble sleeping right now

Anyway, I'm currently in my third year of sixth form to finish an A2, and I can't help but feel this is negative on my application and will produce some difficult offers or nothing at all.
I finished last year with a B in Sociology (A Level), C in Media (A Level) and A in psychology (AS). I'm currently completing psychology A2 as well as having picked up Law AS.

Im looking at doing law as a degree, which I've only decided over the last few months. With 2 of my 3 already being complete, what do you think my chances of offers will be, with me looking at finishing sixth form with (hopefully) ABC-BBC and an additional AS on the subject itself, hopefully of a high grade? Keep in my mind my aspirations aren't that high, with my first choice being Man Met (BBB-BBC).

Any advice would be appreciated anyway, thanks
if you apply sensibly, and it sounds like you are doing that, then you wll get offers. If there is a reason that helps to explain why you are not doing many courses -- schools normally require you to do 3 subjects for their funding - then you need to explain it, otherwise they may have some doubts about your ability to manage the workload. If you are doing a lot of other things e.g part time job or sports then that will provide some reassurance.
reading back my opening post looks a bit confusing so I'll break down my subjects and grades

Year 12
Sociology AS - C
Media AS - C
Philosophy and Ethics AS - E

Year 13
Sociology A Level - B
Media A Level - C
Psychology AS - A

Year 14
Psychology A Level -
Law AS -

Quick Reply