Turn on thread page Beta

Are all teachers so useless? watch

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry teacher told me that 1 divided by 6 = 6 and today my physics teacher had forgotten about our coursework (the need for it to be handed in and marked) until i reminded him. I thought teachers were there to teach us rather than having to be reminded how to do their jobs by students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ral)
    My chemistry teacher told me that 1 divided by 6 = 6 and today my physics teacher had forgotten about our coursework (the need for it to be handed in and marked) until i reminded him. I thought teachers were there to teach us rather than having to be reminded how to do their jobs by students.
    Yeah, the same scenario applies to my teachers as well...but i'm gratefull......not..

ReputationRep:
    Dont be too harsh on the Chemistry teacher. We're all human. I'm sure your not perfect.

However, the physics teacher seems a bit dodgy. Reminds me of my old physics teacher.

ReputationRep:
    i have the exact same problem. Spend more time telling us what we will be doing instead of actually doing it. and in eng lit doing ONE!!! practice essay before the exam. one only! how bad! and she won't mark all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ral)
    Don't forget the old adage.... 'Those that can't... teach!'

ReputationRep:
    A lot of teachers aren't that good. A lot of students aren't that good either though, so I guess we're even. As long as the teachers don't bully the kids, they're not so bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    A lot of teachers aren't that good. A lot of students aren't that good either though, so I guess we're even. As long as the teachers don't bully the kids, they're not so bad...

lots of students aren't getting paid to teach...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Dont be too harsh on the Chemistry teacher. We're all human. I'm sure your not perfect.

However, the physics teacher seems a bit dodgy. Reminds me of my old physics teacher.
    Hell no, i'm not perfect but i do know that 1 divided by six does not equal six!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    hahaha, are u a medstudent fluffy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    hahaha, are u a medstudent fluffy?
    Not just yet... but September is near and I am getting a little over excited by it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ral)
    Hell no, i'm not perfect but i do know that 1 divided by six does not equal six!!
    I just feel that I have no right whatsoever to criticise anyone elses maths!

ReputationRep:
    but they are getting paid to stay in school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    but they are getting paid to stay in school
    Who, where, when, how? I wish I got a minimum wage of £19K to stay in school

ReputationRep:
    Who, where, when, how? I wish I got a minimum wage of £19K to stay in school
    the £30 a week plan introduced last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I just feel that I have no right whatsoever to criticise anyone elses maths!
    Well everyone has a right to an opinion! Even you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    the £30 a week plan introduced last week.
    Oh! And they're drawing it now are they? Blimey, being a civil servant myself, I find that very hard to believe

Plus it's only for lower income families - less than 30K between both folks I do believe....

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you're right...kill the whole lot of them then!

I heard the saying as, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. And those who can do neither, run the world".

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher went on a rampage today...ripping up everyone's coursework. Except mine, but I've not handed it in yet. I was told to hand it in beforehand to see if it's right. He hasn't given us any help though, just told us to do the work, source based.

I finally have the book I've been looking for (it was on reserve, I could have got it weeks ago but was looking on the shelf). Eisenstein rocks!

Oh! And they're drawing it now are they? Blimey, being a civil servant myself, I find that very hard to believe

Plus it's only for lower income families - less than 30K between both folks I do believe....
    actually some people have been getting it for a while
    it's been running in pilot areas for at least this academic year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I find most of my teachers pretty useless... Had a sub for one of my subjects for 6 months, and he's pretty clueless about the whole subject (remembering, this is AS, it's kinda nice to have a teacher who can teach and knows about the subject).

I've had a bio teacher teach from a Letts revision guide, teaching us stuff thats only required for AQA when we're OCR :confused: I've had another biology teacher give the completely wrong definition of amplitude.

I was given a mock open book, handed it in, only to be told that they havent got a mark scheme, so it won't be marked (even if it does, it's too late - we're on the real thing)

I've had teachers loose exam papers and make us retake....

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.