The Student Room Group

Black/Indian women

Is it racist to state that one would not go out with a black or indian women purely because one does not find them attractive?? I mentioned this at work today and the reaction was very strong against it. I am friendly with a number of black people and many asians too, though i confess i know no indian people intimately. It is purely a physical thing and I just don't find women of other races/skin colours attractive....am i very racist?? As i see it, everyone has a type, and my type, broadly, is caucasian.

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
Is it racist to state that one would not go out with a black or indian women purely because one does not find them attractive?? I mentioned this at work today and the reaction was very strong against it. I am friendly with a number of black people and many asians too, though i confess i know no indian people intimately. It is purely a physical thing and I just don't find women of other races/skin colours attractive....am i very racist?? As i see it, everyone has a type, and my type, broadly, is caucasian.

Of course it's not racist - everyone has their own preferences.
Reply 2
nope im the same to be honest.

I just don't find Black women attractive. At all.

Nor Asian women, although I do have a soft spot for cute (although sometimes psychopathic) Japanese girls. :biggrin:
Reply 3
It depends what you mean. If you say that for the most part you don't find black and Indian women attractive and therefore can't see yourself going out with one, then no, that's not racist. I'm the same, very few black and Indian women that I'm attracted to.

If, however, you wouldn't go out with one if you DID find her attractive, because of her race, that is racist. If I came across a black or Indian woman I found attractive, I would go out with her (nearly did go out with an Indian girl).

But no, it's not racist to not find a certain type of people attractive for the most part.
Reply 4
Nope, its just personal taste
Reply 5
I am not comfortable saying this because I don't want to be misconstrued but on the whole I agree with you, there are certain individuals who are black that I find attractive but on the whole they are not my type, I don't think I am racist at all,...other opinions?
Reply 6
The problem is with the pedantic, PC commited workmates. Its probably not even their opinion but a fake shell opinion designed to make themselves look appealing to everyone lest they have an opinion.

I dont find blondes attractive, am I blondist?

edit: now thats a lot of opinions in one sentence
The_Bear

I dont find blondes attractive, am I blondist?

No, you're quite clearly crazy :p:
Reply 8
Everyone has their type i guess. but your comment was a sweeping generalisation of the sort the daily mail would be proud of. How can you categorize women into racial groups and then say that one is largely more fanciable than the other and also state that you would categorically not go out with anyone of that racial group. That is racist.
Reply 9
The_Bear
Its probably not even their opinion but a fake shell opinion designed to make themselves look appealing to everyone lest they have an opinion.

Agreed.
Reply 10
I was just very taken aback earlier today by the fervent reaction against my statement - told that - "with comments like that you'll get yourself killed when you get to uni" etc etc. I would have no objection to going out with one I did find attractive, I'm just yet to find one (realistic one - obviously Beyonce et al are hot).

I know my views are generalised but its not hugely different to saying "i like blondes" which is considered an acceptable comment.....and for the most part, people end up with people of their own race...right?
Reply 11
Anonymous
"with comments like that you'll get yourself killed when you get to uni"

Dear lord, I think your workmates need a dose of reality
Reply 12
I don't think it's racist really, but you can't really rule out ever finding a woman of a different ethnicity attractive.

I don't find myself attracted to guys my own age for example, but if i met a guy who ticked all the other boxes then i would disregard his age.
Reply 13
I'd agree. I'm not about to walk into a bunch of black people and proclaim what I do and don't like but we were talking about relationships!!
no its not racism if your not attracted to them, im not attracted to black women at all as a rule thugh indian women i do find quite attractive.
Cadre_Of_Storms
no its not racism if your not attracted to them, im not attracted to black women at all as a rule thugh indian women i do find quite attractive.

Same here
Reply 16
My ideal woman is just slightly "off white." Mainly caucasian features, but with an exoticness. I love Italian, Greek and Spanish women. Women that look like Jessica Alba or Nikki Nova are what really rev my engine. :biggrin:
The_Bear
edit: now thats a lot of opinions in one sentence

Yeah, boy howdy, you've really slaughtered the political correctness sacred cow there -- only the nine billionth time I've heard that opinion this month. A shining career as a Sun columnist awaits you I'm sure.

Don't let the bastards get you down, and keep on rocking in a pc world (not the computer store, obviously, I have nothing against them, unless they have some kind of affirmative action program, then I will be hunting them down with guns and knives and bombs), signed,

Your Friend and supporter,

Bee an' Cee.
It's not racist, but I would never say it where there were black people around. The reason I wouldn;t do it is because it seems rude, not racist. It singles out a particular characteristic which is prominently apparent on those who possess it (blackness, in this case). Havinh singled this out, you dismiss it instantly, and broadly, as being unattractive. It's like saying "I don't find people who wear glasses attractive" while there are people who wear glasses in the room. It makes them feel unattractive I guess, and that's why it's rude. It isn't racist though - unless it dismisses all people of a particular race as being unatrractive by mere virtue of belonging to that race, perhaps.

PS: You must be ill if you do not find Halle Berry, Beyonce, Ayshwarya Rai etc atractive!
Nope, it's not racist at all. We all have our own types and preferences.

Latest

Trending

Trending