What if an international student want to become a lawyer in France..Possible?!

Watch
EngLiterature
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Well guys I'm Iranian and I'm studying B.A English literature which is going to be finished in 1 year !Yeah ! I love my field of study and I die for literature but then recently I got interested in LAW according to the literary abilities a lawyer must have and financial benefits.

I'm considering a LAW degree preferably in France or Quebec (Mainly France because of free education ).I know very well about French and EU education structure and L.M.D levels !

But what I'm wondering is the procedure and restrictions(if any) for international students having finished their studies in law and obtained License and M.1 there.

What is the role of nationality in processing a law carer in France?!
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have EU nationality?

Notaire is a closed shop, I think you may even have to be a French national. Avocat is more doable, you'd likely have to get a stage with a big Paris firm and they'd sponsor you.

Securing stage seems a lot less meritocratic than the, hardly whiter than white, TC process. A lot of who you know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads