The Student Room Group

AS English Lit tips?!?

I've just started AS English Literature and got told the exam is a closed book exam. Has anyone got any tips for how to remember all the quotes and stuff for Jane Eyre and poetry?
Is this English Literature A or B?
Reply 2
When it comes to remembering quotes, you should make sure not to attempt to remember long ones. Remember one word quotes/short ones. This will make it much easier for yourself and examiners prefer you using shorter ones. Why? Because you can show closer analysis.

I recommend that you write down the quotes you want to remember and look through them each day. Categorise them if you can (e.g. if they link to the theme of gender, industry, etc.) Get someone to test you on them and make sure to use them when you're doing practice papers.
You must be doing English Literature A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Thehonestlawyer
Is this English Literature A or B?

A I think, I'm doing Jane Eyre, The Nightwatch and poetry by Emily Dickinson at the moment.
Reply 5
Original post by zawakei
When it comes to remembering quotes, you should make sure not to attempt to remember long ones. Remember one word quotes/short ones. This will make it much easier for yourself and examiners prefer you using shorter ones. Why? Because you can show closer analysis.

I recommend that you write down the quotes you want to remember and look through them each day. Categorise them if you can (e.g. if they link to the theme of gender, industry, etc.) Get someone to test you on them and make sure to use them when you're doing practice papers.

Ah okay thank you!!
Learn quotes that can be used for multiple essay topics. I recycled most of my Frankenstein/critic quotes in almost every essay I wrote :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest