The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Economics and/ or Management

I would like to do economics and/ or management at St.Andrews.

My original plan had to been to apply to St.Andrews for Management and than because you choose additional modules in your first two years I would have done economics as well and then if I decided I didn't want to continue with management I could continue with Economics through to honours level.

However, you can apply to St.Andrews for a joint degree in Economics and Management. What would be the reason for doing this as you can already do both subjects if you only apply for one?

If I apply for a joint degree in Economics and Management and then decide that I want to do a single honours degreee is it possible to do this?

Thanks for the help
Reply 1
I think you can apply for a single one or both, but I think they may have different grades required. That said, say if economics is ABB and economics and management is AAB then you would still need AAB in order to take management as an additional module choice even if you applied just for economics.

For the first two years you take 3 subjects, then at the end you pick one or two of them in which to do your honours level courses for the last two years.

I'm going to be doing those two subjects at St Andrews, and I applied for their E and M course, one thing they said at the lecture is that in your personal statement you need to show a commitment to both subjects in your statement otherwise they will probably reject you. So if you are applying for straight econ elsewhere then maybe you should just apply for economics, and then you can pick management as a module choice later.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Latest

Trending

Trending