The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Probably for the same reason people continue supporting their football team no matter how terrible they are

Not comparable at all.
Reply 21
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not comparable at all.

The football one I felt a bit weak, the Starbucks one works though right?
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
The football one I felt a bit weak, the Starbucks one works though right?

More than football but I dunno to be fair mate, not a Starbucks fan.

I see your point, brand loyalty.

Just football isn't the same for many reasons I can't be bothered to go into right now. Local pride being an obvious one. Apple is fashionable to people as are football clubs but you can change at any time and buy an Android whereas it's not the done thing with football.
Reply 23
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust
I get where you're coming from regarding build/design quality. However, having 3x more RAM is obviously going to make all processes on a phone run substantially quicker and smoother. This is especially noticeable when running several applications simultaneously or when browsing data heavy websites, steaming videos etc. As for the camera, I've read that the iPhones autofocus technology is impressive, but this doesn't change the fact that photos taken with the OnePlus One (which boasts its own autofocus tech) are going to be of a higher resolution.

That's not how RAM works whatsoever. As long as you have enough to run the process it doesn't matter if you have 64MB or 64TB. They'll both be completely equal. iOS is so ridiculously well optimised compared to Android (as there is far more variance in the devices Android is used on, it is nowhere near as well optimised for any of them as iOS is for any iPhone) that phones running Android have no edge in processing power (check some Geekbench results) and barely any in RAM.

Also I think you should do a bit of reading about cameras, how many megapixels the pictures it produces are is not always a very good indication of the image quality.

I buy iPhones because they have extremely good build quality and Apple has the best customer service of any company I've ever bought something from. It's just so easy. I do look a right **** holding an iPhone 6+ to my head though.
Original post by manchesterunited15
"by"

"are they stupid"

"by"

"by"

"by"

"by"

"by"

dat edit making my post look stupid

Please stop doing that you're going to trigger my anxiety. My head hurts...
It's not the size of a brick (ok except maybe 6+)

Resale value on apple products is always good.

Easy to use
Yes why not buy windows eh?:
The software and durability.
Original post by Bushido Brown
Please stop doing that you're going to trigger my anxiety. My head hurts...

Armin is dat u
Reply 29
Armin is dat u

:rofl:
Armin is dat u

Yh its me how you doing mate?
Yh its me how you doing mate?

Why are you laughing at me? Don't laugh at me sunshine I'll come over and put you to sleep permanently.
Reply 33
edgy/10 thread

Its me mate I've got more than one account.
Its me mate I've got more than one account.

Reply 36
Why are you laughing at me? Don't laugh at me sunshine I'll come over and put you to sleep permanently.

Reply 37
Having had 4 android phones & 3 iPhones unless iPhones go seriously downhill I wouldn't change back to android. From an ease of use perspective the iPhone wins hands down for me every time. Every android I have had (across multiple manufacturers) has felt awkward to navigate, slows down in reactiveness (sp?) very quickly, has inconvenient storage options (moving some things to a data card to make room on the phone memory, finding that some things just can't be moved ---such a pain), most have felt very cheap & plasticy. I don't want a phone that I feel I have to be a tech-wizz to operate, I want something that I can pick up & use intuitively. For me it's the iPhone every time.
Original post by alow
That's not how RAM works whatsoever. As long as you have enough to run the process it doesn't matter if you have 64MB or 64TB. They'll both be completely equal.

Obviously, but the more RAM you have to play with the more applications/processes you can have running simultaneously without running out of memory and slowing performance significantly.

Original post by alow
iOS is so ridiculously well optimised compared to Android (as there is far more variance in the devices Android is used on, it is nowhere near as well optimised for any of them as iOS is for any iPhone)

Point taken, but I doubt this optimisation compensates for having 1/3 of the RAM of the Oneplus One.

Original post by alow
Also I think you should do a bit of reading about cameras, how many megapixels the pictures it produces are is not always a very good indication of the image quality.

I'm admittedly no expert on cameras, but there plenty of smartphones which take photos of better overall quality than the iPhone (the Galaxy S5, Xperia Z1 & the LG G3 to name a few) - all of which are also substantially cheaper.

Original post by alow
I buy iPhones because they have extremely good build quality and Apple has the best customer service of any company I've ever bought something from. It's just so easy. I do look a right **** holding an iPhone 6+ to my head though.

Ok then, thanks for explaining your reasons.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
For me, I think it's easier to buy an iPhone than an Android as there are way too many different Samsung/HTC's available.

I think iPhone's are easier for people to use as there aren't too many customisation settings available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending