QuidditchFan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just a quick question - does NCS actually give you UCAS points and if so,how do people join?

(PS NCS stands for National Citizen Service).
[email protected]
Badges: 9
Report 6 years ago
I dont believe it gives you UCAS points but I may be incorrect
RosieEPQ
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think NCS itself gets you UCAS points, unless it was done as part of another qualification (possibly ASDAN or something?) I looked into it when I did my UCAS and ended up not putting it on the form at all - it could go in your PS or reference if it's relevant, though

Posted from TSR Mobile
snikutsmullac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't gain anything from it apart from a hole in your wallet.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No it doesn't mean anything for UCAS and I wouldn't include it in my personal statement. It could be good banter though...
ruqia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They are giving ucas points for the first time this year, so i would definitely incl in my personal statement. It is a great experience also! Definitely worth it.
ruqia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And about entering it on the ucas form, im not sure since it is a pretty recent thing ,like i mentioned above. This is the first year that they are giving out ucas points, plus the 30 hour volunteering project is great to mention and you can talk about the skills you gained from ncs in your Personal statement. When i did it summer 2013, all of us did a first aid course whilst on ncs as part of the many workshops they give you so we all got first aid certificated at the end.
username1535407
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ruqia)
They are giving ucas points for the first time this year, so i would definitely incl in my personal statement. It is a great experience also! Definitely worth it.
^Correct

I just did a month ago, cracking experience but they told me we get UCAS points for doing it, so yeah, you do; it's also worth adding into your personal statement and on your CV.
jfparr2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How many UCAS points do you get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.2%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (52)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (27)
10.8%
No - I live at home during term anyway (76)
30.4%

Watched Threads