The Student Room Group

Packing for Uni

Hi guys,

I'm leaving for Uni this Saturday and im going through everything I need to take. Now I love a clean desk, but I was thinking about taking my printer/desktop pc. (As well as my laptop, I guess).

Is a printer particually needed in rooms? I understand I would be able to probably use the library printer but Im thinking about those late nights where I need something printed. Im studying at Hull Uni (In the Lawns Hall).

Is taking a desktop pc/printer pretty normal or not? (Im not taking a TV, dont really watch it)

Cheers!
Reply 1
Original post by Sam_Chem
Hi guys,

I'm leaving for Uni this Saturday and im going through everything I need to take. Now I love a clean desk, but I was thinking about taking my printer/desktop pc. (As well as my laptop, I guess).

Is a printer particually needed in rooms? I understand I would be able to probably use the library printer but Im thinking about those late nights where I need something printed. Im studying at Hull Uni (In the Lawns Hall).

Is taking a desktop pc/printer pretty normal or not? (Im not taking a TV, dont really watch it)

Cheers!

A printer isn't uncommon, although most people don't bother. It does depend generally what course you're on and how organised you are (and how much you like to print). A lot of essays are submitted electronically now, although paper copies may be required. If you're on a STEM course then it's probably less of a regular thing to be handing in anything printed. I always used the library printers at my place. In the event of disaster my flat mate had a printer, but I never really needed it, and generally people will just come pester you to use it :tongue:

I have my desktop here; I don't have a laptop. Personal preference - take it if you want it for anything, just think of your desk space. I was the only person with a desktop in my flat. I think one other guy maybe in my part of the block had a desktop (so 2 out of 50).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending