The Student Room Group

Nose pores

I have black nose pores and they don't seem to go away. I've tried nose pore strips but they just remove the dead skin on my nose and not the pores. Any solutions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Blyts-_
I have black nose pores and they don't seem to go away. I've tried nose pore strips but they just remove the dead skin on my nose and not the pores. Any solutions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the same problem, but what I found helped me is whenever you use the shower, whilst you're in there sort of scrape your nose with your nails. It sounds gross but the steam opens up your pores and means its easier to clean, or alternatively use a facial scrub on your nose, it really helps minimise the black pores/blackheads.
Buy a comedome (idk how it's spelt) extractor aka black head remover.

Steam your face first to open up the pores then press with the remover to pop out the black heads. It can be done with tweezers and nails too but nails aren't advices due to germs.

If you have a bony nose they probably won't pop out as there's nothing to press down on to apart from hardness (I have that problem) :frown:
They sound more like sebaceous filaments than blackheads tbh. There's not much you can do to get rid of them, it's totally normal, most people have them on their nose if you look close enough! Just exfoliate and use a gentle cleanser/face wash.
Reply 4
Maybelline baby skin works on me to shrink my pores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Olay cream is an very effective it really absorb in skin and gives an good results too.
Chemical exfoliants are better than physical ones. Don't go scrubbing or picking your nose like crazy as that will just damage the skin and cause them to look worse. Sounds like sebaceous filaments to me too. A good skincare routine that focuses on hydration and moisturising will help improve the way they look. Also, look into Paula's Choice exfoliants.

Quick Reply

Latest