This is why C grade is good for some

Watch
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
- School is crap and limits
- Had bad background with the subject (lots of subteaching)
- Dislike the subject
- Never use to listen what in year 10+ they did
- Haven't cracked how to revise perfectly for an A/A* (thats me in year 11)
- If everyone got A/A*s would it be as much rewarding as now?
- It's a pass grade
Advertisement
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And for some they can't do exams due to the stress/anxiety/pressure of them. So if you can manage to unscramble your brain enough to get a C in the exams... Good on ya. :yep:
JVD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is true. I know someone (friend of a friend) who said they'd honestly tried their hardest to pick up a certain subject in their AS year, and got an E. However, they weren't really that annoyed, because they'd tried their hardest.

Also, some uni's allow for lower grades to enter, if your school is in the bottom 40% of the country!

well done btw
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is true, but what about trauma?
hellodave5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As long as you do enough to get by, then all is well.

All people are different, and have different circumstances. Many variables contribute to academic success at such a young age which is outside the persons volition.
I personally hated school, so I didn't ever do any work! Super flawed educational system IMO.
Advertisement
Allaboutthatbass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People on TSR need to stop being so hot for themselves. I got As and A*s but would never say that C grade is a bad one. If the person has done their best they've done their best, and a C grade is great if they pushed themselves to achieve it. Yes so you're capable of getting A*s, just like thousands of other students, do you want a cookie? Maybe you can't do home chores like the kid who got a C, or you can't master a sport like them. Everyone is good at different things.
funkydee19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Allaboutthatbass)
People on TSR need to stop being so hot for themselves. I got As and A*s but would never say that C grade is a bad one. If the person has done their best they've done their best, and a C grade is great if they pushed themselves to achieve it. Yes so you're capable of getting A*s, just like thousands of other students, do you want a cookie? Maybe you can't do home chores like the kid who got a C, or you can't master a sport like them. Everyone is good at different things.
:clap2::clap2: Couldn't have said this any better!
Advertisement
kelefi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Watch the TED talk on exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed