The Student Room Group

I don't particularly want to take a gap year, but I think I have to??

I'm supposed to be applying for 2015 entry to University, however, my AS Levels didn't go as well as I hoped they would. This has left me in a situation where I'm not sure I can get into Uni, even though I'm planning on resitting some exams in June. I don't want to take a gap year, but do I have a choice?
Try applying to uni and see where it gets you- you'll probably get some offers still and even if you don't, there's always UCAS Extra or clearing (potentially also adjustment if you do better), or a gap year as you say :smile:
You can still apply. Let your tutors know that you are resitting and think you can achieve the grades needed.
Original post by furryface12
Try applying to uni and see where it gets you- you'll probably get some offers still and even if you don't, there's always UCAS Extra or clearing (potentially also adjustment if you do better), or a gap year as you say :smile:

If uni is really what you want to do, then you should apply and see what offers you get. You can always try clearing if things don't work out as planned. Gap years can be really beneficial and above all fun if you make the most of it . Plan out what you might want to do if you did take the gap year and then see how things pan out. Good luck and do your best and I am sure things will work out for the best.
Original post by Simonthegreat
If uni is really what you want to do, then you should apply and see what offers you get. You can always try clearing if things don't work out as planned. Gap years can be really beneficial and above all fun if you make the most of it . Plan out what you might want to do if you did take the gap year and then see how things pan out. Good luck and do your best and I am sure things will work out for the best.

Think you quoted the wrong person- I'm already taking a gap year! :tongue:
Original post by fran_flint
I'm supposed to be applying for 2015 entry to University, however, my AS Levels didn't go as well as I hoped they would. This has left me in a situation where I'm not sure I can get into Uni, even though I'm planning on resitting some exams in June. I don't want to take a gap year, but do I have a choice?

See above post, it was aimed at you I think :smile:
Original post by furryface12
Think you quoted the wrong person- I'm already taking a gap year! :tongue:

See above post, it was aimed at you I think :smile:

sorry. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest