07_pianist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Whooo!!! CUKAS application is almost over!!! Thought I'd start a forumon musoc courses 2015! Anyone also applying for music courses?

I applied for RCS, Birmingham, RWCMD and LCoM Also, I applied for unis.. Holloway, Chichester, York, City University and Glasgow
sleepyamy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi!

I am a pianist too wooooo!
I haven't sent off my CUKAS application yet :O I know, terrible. But I'm looking to apply for RNCM (joint or intensive course hopefully), RAM or RCM, and maybe Trinity and Birmingham. I don't want to apply for too many though, the audition costs are putting me off a bit especially if I don't end up going to a conservatoire!

Uni wise, I'm looking to applying for Oxford, Royal Holloway, Manchester, York, Durham and still considering some others.

Have you finished your applications completely?
07_pianist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sleepyamy)
Hi!

I am a pianist too wooooo!
I haven't sent off my CUKAS application yet :O I know, terrible. But I'm looking to apply for RNCM (joint or intensive course hopefully), RAM or RCM, and maybe Trinity and Birmingham. I don't want to apply for too many though, the audition costs are putting me off a bit especially if I don't end up going to a conservatoire!

Uni wise, I'm looking to applying for Oxford, Royal Holloway, Manchester, York, Durham and still considering some others.

Have you finished your applications completely?
Yes!! What piece are you playing for auditions?
sleepyamy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 07_pianist)
Yes!! What piece are you playing for auditions?
I'm going to play
Beethoven's Pathetique 1st Mvmt
Poulenc's 6th Nocturne
Kapustin's 3rd Concert Étude and
Bach's prelude and fugue in Ab major (book I)

I'm so worried about having to play without score though...
What are you playing?
07_pianist
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepyamy)
I'm going to play
Beethoven's Pathetique 1st Mvmt
Poulenc's 6th Nocturne
Kapustin's 3rd Concert Étude and
Bach's prelude and fugue in Ab major (book I)

I'm so worried about having to play without score though...
What are you playing?
Wow you must be so good! I will be playing beethoven first movement of sonata op. 26 and Brahms rhapsody op. 79 no. 1. I am an international applicant so I will be auditioning through DVD. I am hoping that RCS or Bham will give me £5000 scholarship...or else, I wont be able to study at a conservatoire... I will be going to Glasgow Uni (if successful at the excellence scholarship) or CCCU ....
07_pianist
Rep:
?
Or maybe at least the Excellence scholarship at Leeds College of Music....
sleepyamy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh you're an international applicant? Where from? I am also one (despite having lived here for almost 11 years!) so I have the same finance problems... *sigh*
I've also had to look at international scholarships - isn't the royal holloway one amazing if we manage to get it?!
But yeah I have to play super well to be considered for any at audition! That's also why I'm applying for the 3 year intensive course at RNCM - it will be cheaper than the other conservatoire courses. I really hope getting into this much debt will pay off some day. XD
Your pieces sound great!
07_pianist
Rep:
?
Ohh! yeah Royal Holloway sounds great. Uhm, but I had change of plans though... Maybe I will be doing the BTEC course at Leeds College of Music first then the BMus. :O
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads