The Student Room Group

Do girls grow up thinking hitting men is OK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Because society dictates that women can do no wrong, and men are always in the wrong and must protect women at all costs

We must be living in completely different societies in that case because that's certainly not the view here.
Uniboss said

"Because society dictates that women can do no wrong, and men are always in the wrong and must protect women at all costs"

Original post by TheCynicalChild
We must be living in completely different societies in that case because that's certainly not the view here.

Im a bit loathe to carry on posting in this thread as some *******s have come to the party , but as an example of what Uniboss said

Two students get rotten drunk and fall into bed with each other.
They have drunken sex.

They are both equally drunk

Neither are passed out and both partake.

As soon as its over they both fall asleep.
The next morning they cant remember what happened, but they know they had sex.
According to many on here, indeed many in the feminist movement he raped her, but she never sexually assaulted him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by caravaggio2
Uniboss said

"Because society dictates that women can do no wrong, and men are always in the wrong and must protect women at all costs"

Im a bit loathe to carry on posting in this thread as some *******s have come to the party , but as an example of what Uniboss said

Two students get rotten drunk and fall into bed with each other.
They have drunken sex.

They are both equally drunk

Neither are passed out and both partake.

As soon as its over they both fall asleep.
The next , they cant remember what happened, but they know they had sex.
According to many on here, indeed many in the feminist movement he raped her, but she never sexually assaulted him.

Let me get this right, you're criticising me for saying that that's wrong and I don't agree with it? My point was that amongst the people I know, feminist (although that example was feminazi imo) movements like that are very strongly disliked and no-one ever listens to them or takes them seriously. Just because some idiots have to mouth off, doesn't mean society accepts their views.
Reply 123
Original post by puma21

Do you even have any idea about the :poo: you post? It said 71% of dropouts - it didn't specify the gender... so how is this privilege for females? Seems you think females are smarter than men and so you're offended - well, get off the tsr then and start reading a book or two :tumble:
Next, 90% of divorces are initiated by women - ergh of course - just shows how nice men are in relationships/marriages...:tumble:
80% of suicides are men... who the **** wrote this :tumble: ... it should say ''are done by men'' - this has no correlation that women are responsible for this; just the fact that men are weaker than women mentally and over-exaggerate everything so once again :tumble:
90% of homeless children are from fatherless homes... maybe if men stayed around or weren't cheating/abusive pigs many more women wouldn't have to divorce them and there would be many more children who would grow up with their fathers... so once again, where's a woman's fault in all of this? :tumble: and that goes for 85% of youth prisoners coming from fatherless homes too...

So my point is most of these things you so sarcastically refer to as 'male privileges' are directly caused by men so men are responsible for most of those problems, as it's not a nature-caused problem/'privilege' like women having to give birth and a few of them being punched in the stomachs when they are pregnant by their husbands. It's not a privilege for a woman to be discriminated at work - i.e. there's a preference for male doctors/most of surgeons are men because even women who could do that job just as well if not better are unfairly discriminated against. My dad works in a oil&gas company and he always tells me how women who work there are always gossiped about by other male colleagues, who spread rumours about them being sluts and how they only worked their way to the top by sleeping around... Or how men leave their wives if their wives get too old, too fat; just to find some younger and more good-looking chick. How those lone mothers are left to bring up children on their own with men making no effort seeing their children/sending money as they are too busy with their new families. How when men are the biggest earners in the family and women feel as they have no right to say smthng in most cases.
now that's privilege :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't think it's ok for either gender to, unless is some kind of agreed sex game like spanking or something...

You've also got the double standard where it's ok for a woman to kick a man in the balls and everyone laughs at the TV, but if the guy were to falcon punch the woman i bet there'd be a ton of complaints etc...
One item from your list.
"How when men are the biggest earners in the family and women feel as they have no right to say smthng in most cases.
now that's privilege"

Show me the proof /link
My experience is the opposite.
While your at it

"most of surgeons are men because even women who could do that job just as well if not better are unfairly discriminated against."

Proof/link?
Reply 127
Original post by caravaggio2
While your at it

"most of surgeons are men because even women who could do that job just as well if not better are unfairly discriminated against."

Proof/link?

http://bulletin.brynmawr.edu/articles/oped-linda-brodsky-august-2011/
Welcome to wonders of Internet.
And to address your other enquiry, many experiences I witnessed was exactly what I described - the biggest earner in the family has more say as they are in position of holding the money
Original post by Meduza
http://bulletin.brynmawr.edu/articles/oped-linda-brodsky-august-2011/
Welcome to wonders of Internet.
And to address your other enquiry, many experiences I witnessed was exactly what I described - the biggest earner in the family has more say as they are in position of holding the money

So does that mean I get the biggest say in the house as out of my boyfriend and I, I am the breadwinner (as they say)?
Men and women should be treated equally. I found Emma Watson's statement whilst at the UN very poignant in this conversation. She addresses the real term of feminism - and not that of a man-hating woman (which sounds to me like you are here?)
Feminism is like Emmeline Pankhurst who fought for women to get the vote in the UK in 1913. It is wanting to get paid the same as male counterparts in the workplace. It is like women in the middle east who aren't allowed to go to school, or drive because they are female.
It isn't I-am-a-woman-so-i-can-hit-a-man-and-they-can-do-nothing-to-me

Also, my friend (who is a man!) is bringing up his 5 year old boy by himself due to the mother being abusive and an alcoholic. Should he have stuck in that relationship because it's right for society or leave the relationship as it's right for his child?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by MorganA07
So does that mean I get the biggest say in the house as out of my boyfriend and I, I am the breadwinner (as they say)?
Men and women should be treated equally. I found Emma Watson's statement whilst at the UN very poignant in this conversation. She addresses the real term of feminism - and not that of a man-hating woman (which sounds to me like you are here?)
Feminism is like Emmeline Pankhurst who fought for women to get the vote in the UK in 1913. It is wanting to get paid the same as male counterparts in the workplace. It is like women in the middle east who aren't allowed to go to school, or drive because they are female.
It isn't I-am-a-woman-so-i-can-hit-a-man-and-they-can-do-nothing-to-me

Also, my friend (who is a man!) is bringing up his 5 year old boy by himself due to the mother being abusive and an alcoholic. Should he have stuck in that relationship because it's right for society or leave the relationship as it's right for his child?

What? I'm not even a feminist :lol: you really presume much don't you... I said as how I've seen it biggest earners had most say as to where to live and other important decisions just because they had the money to do so. And for your info I don't hate men and neither do lots of feminists. SO.......... :tumble:
Reply 130
I have 3 sisters who have left scares all over my arms with their pinching and scratching. Once I retaliated and my sister told school I was abusing her. Another sister called the police on me.

Police obviously did nothing and actually told off my sister.

I ****ing hate bitches who think it's perfectly okay to hit men.

Reason my sisters are like this is because of my mum. They always see her physically abusing dad. Dad has to go to work with a scratched up face - it's humiliating. He has never once raised his hand at my mun because in islam it's extremely haram. And he would never divorce her since it would destroy the family.

Girls think they have this ultimate super saiyan form they can turn into or something - they always seem to threaten you when they are clearly physically weaker.

I don't get it. But I will still never hit a girl - and even though my bitch of a sister deserved it I still regret my actions.

IMO you're not a man if you can't hold your anger in. should never hit a girl honestly.
Lmao that is so funny, imagining a woman getting socked back after striking a man like...what kinda...revolutionary is this man? lol Because normally (I guess normally) men just take it. So it would be comically shocking to see a man just backslap her one time. :indiff: I'm harsh because I can take a punch so I don't see the big deal and it's kinda funny because like...she hit him first :s-smilie: So you can't feel bad for her. If Im with a geezer who just lets me have my with him--which I have been, because eventually they taper and take it--I'd like...not even have funny anymore knowing that I'm with a wuss. But to be honest, I have had slap-fests with guys. We just backslap each other till someone quits :indiff:
Original post by Byakko
I have 3 sisters who have left scares all over my arms with their pinching and scratching. Once I retaliated and my sister told school I was abusing her. Another sister called the police on me.

Police obviously did nothing and actually told off my sister.

I ****ing hate bitches who think it's perfectly okay to hit men.

Reason my sisters are like this is because of my mum. They always see her physically abusing dad. Dad has to go to work with a scratched up face - it's humiliating. He has never once raised his hand at my mun because in islam it's extremely haram. And he would never divorce her since it would destroy the family.

Girls think they have this ultimate super saiyan form they can turn into or something - they always seem to threaten you when they are clearly physically weaker.

I don't get it. But I will still never hit a girl - and even though my bitch of a sister deserved it I still regret my actions.

IMO you're not a man if you can't hold your anger in. should never hit a girl honestly.

Holy moly calm down :lolwut:
I didn't say you were a feminist. I am a feminist. I don't hate men.

I was asking as I am the biggest earner, would I get the most say in what goes on? Should I not consider my boyfriend as an equal in the household because he doesn't earn as much as I do? Should I just presume he is going to walk away and find a younger or skinnier girlfriend than me?

You also presume that men take the most highest paid jobs, which isn't true either.
Reply 134
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Holy moly calm down :lolwut:

I am calm. Probably they way I type :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending