Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who here give blood? And if you dont, why? (Not a guilt trip )

ReputationRep:
    I've given blood before! It reeeeeeally hurts when they prick your finger! The vain in my arm has been bothering me ever since. Everytime the weather is murky or after taking a shower, when the room is steamed up, it pops out. But it was for a good cause.

ReputationRep:
    Yup have done it once will do it again after my exams aslong as the fact that I have had to have loads of injections recently doesn't effect it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Yup have done it once will do it again after my exams aslong as the fact that I have had to have loads of injections recently doesn't effect it.
    Ive had the same problem with Hep B injections.

ReputationRep:
    i do.
    In a way, i consider it as a free blood-test. (it's a joke lol.)

Actually i have done a blood-test before. So i think i can cope with the feeling of giving blood. At the same time i might help some people in this planet, i couldn't find the reason why i not to do it.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

I would like to though, but safety and all that.

Well done to all those who do give blood. You're all stars.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=risk-is-good]No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

[QUOTE]

Yeah that new rule probably rules out a large chunk of the population

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Golden Maverick][QUOTE=risk-is-good]No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

Yeah that new rule probably rules out a large chunk of the population
    The risks are really quite small, so I cannot really see why they have introduced the new rule. Probably the government running scared, as if one person does get CJD, then the Daily Mail will have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    The risks are really quite small, so I cannot really see why they have introduced the new rule. Probably the government running scared, as if one person does get CJD, then the Daily Mail will have a field day.
    I think thats the problem - can you imagine the uproar and damages they'd get if they sued the gov't. But seeing as just over 100 ppl have CJD when 3400 ppl are killed each year in car accidents...

ReputationRep:
    I would if I could, but sadly I can't as i've had transfusions. It is frustrating as I would really like to give someone the chance that I had.

ReputationRep:
    I registered to back in November, but with work commitments at college and at work I haven't had chance to go and do it. I must make time to go as I know donating saves lives.

ReputationRep:
    I used to, but not allowed now due to the drugs I take

ReputationRep:
    I used to preach to everyone at school about giving blood, but when I turned 17 they told me I can't because I'm underweight! Not clinically underweight, just not hefty enough for my height to give blood. Dammit!

ReputationRep:
    I don't for simply one reason.

I've inherited my mothers fear of needles

ReputationRep:
    I do, and I've done it 5 times and was promised by the blood place that If I donated 2 times I would get a free key ring. I was well upset. I still haven't received it and I've donated 5 times!

Do you know you're supposed to get some kind of vase after donating loads of times?! Very random gift I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johncleaner)
    I do, and I've done it 5 times and was promised by the blood place that If I donated 2 times I would get a free key ring. I was well upset. I still haven't received it and I've donated 5 times!

Do you know you're supposed to get some kind of vase after donating loads of times?! Very random gift I thought.
    Vase!
    Very strange, I know youre supposed to get different coloured cards depending on how many times you've donated. Though I'd prefer a keyring.

ReputationRep:
    i intend too, after my exams. i thought you had to be 18 tho?

ReputationRep:
    I intend to sometime, when I muster up the courage! I know that at some point I may need to be given blood, so it's really a debt to society that I think we should try to pay - transfusions, drugs and those who are scared of needles excluded! I'm mainly learning from my mum though, as she's been giving blood for about 20 years now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    i intend too, after my exams. i thought you had to be 18 tho?
    Nope, 17 only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Who here give blood? And if you dont, why? (Not a guilt trip )
    I have registered recently and it's due...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.