This discussion is closed.
Golden Maverick
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Who here give blood? And if you dont, why? (Not a guilt trip )
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've given blood before! It reeeeeeally hurts when they prick your finger! The vain in my arm has been bothering me ever since. Everytime the weather is murky or after taking a shower, when the room is steamed up, it pops out. But it was for a good cause.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup have done it once will do it again after my exams aslong as the fact that I have had to have loads of injections recently doesn't effect it.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by randdom)
Yup have done it once will do it again after my exams aslong as the fact that I have had to have loads of injections recently doesn't effect it.
Ive had the same problem with Hep B injections.
ralphk
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i do.
In a way, i consider it as a free blood-test. (it's a joke lol.)

Actually i have done a blood-test before. So i think i can cope with the feeling of giving blood. At the same time i might help some people in this planet, i couldn't find the reason why i not to do it.
risk-is-good
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

I would like to though, but safety and all that.

Well done to all those who do give blood. You're all stars.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=risk-is-good]No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

[QUOTE]

Yeah that new rule probably rules out a large chunk of the population
risk-is-good
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[QUOTE=Golden Maverick][QUOTE=risk-is-good]No, because I have had a blood transfusion so I cannot!

Yeah that new rule probably rules out a large chunk of the population
The risks are really quite small, so I cannot really see why they have introduced the new rule. Probably the government running scared, as if one person does get CJD, then the Daily Mail will have a field day.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by risk-is-good)
The risks are really quite small, so I cannot really see why they have introduced the new rule. Probably the government running scared, as if one person does get CJD, then the Daily Mail will have a field day.
I think thats the problem - can you imagine the uproar and damages they'd get if they sued the gov't. But seeing as just over 100 ppl have CJD when 3400 ppl are killed each year in car accidents...
Fairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would if I could, but sadly I can't as i've had transfusions. It is frustrating as I would really like to give someone the chance that I had.
Carl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I registered to back in November, but with work commitments at college and at work I haven't had chance to go and do it. I must make time to go as I know donating saves lives.
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to, but not allowed now due to the drugs I take
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to preach to everyone at school about giving blood, but when I turned 17 they told me I can't because I'm underweight! Not clinically underweight, just not hefty enough for my height to give blood. Dammit!
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't for simply one reason.

I've inherited my mothers fear of needles
johncleaner
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I do, and I've done it 5 times and was promised by the blood place that If I donated 2 times I would get a free key ring. I was well upset. I still haven't received it and I've donated 5 times!

Do you know you're supposed to get some kind of vase after donating loads of times?! Very random gift I thought.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by johncleaner)
I do, and I've done it 5 times and was promised by the blood place that If I donated 2 times I would get a free key ring. I was well upset. I still haven't received it and I've donated 5 times!

Do you know you're supposed to get some kind of vase after donating loads of times?! Very random gift I thought.
Vase!
Very strange, I know youre supposed to get different coloured cards depending on how many times you've donated. Though I'd prefer a keyring.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i intend too, after my exams. i thought you had to be 18 tho?
Aylia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I intend to sometime, when I muster up the courage! I know that at some point I may need to be given blood, so it's really a debt to society that I think we should try to pay - transfusions, drugs and those who are scared of needles excluded! I'm mainly learning from my mum though, as she's been giving blood for about 20 years now..
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
i intend too, after my exams. i thought you had to be 18 tho?
Nope, 17 only
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Golden Maverick)
Who here give blood? And if you dont, why? (Not a guilt trip )
I have registered recently and it's due...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (116)
54.98%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.58%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
9%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.7%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.74%

Watched Threads