The Student Room Group

Personal statement plagiarism question

There are a few people i want to send my personal statement to get it checked and ask for feedback.

If i email my personal statement to someone in an attached Word document, will UCAS plagiarism software detect it?

Reply 1
Original post by rosewater1
There are a few people i want to send my personal statement to get it checked and ask for feedback.

If i email my personal statement to someone in an attached Word document, will UCAS plagiarism software detect it?

Nope. Emails are private!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by *Stefan*
Nope. Emails are private!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is such a relief :smile: because i also did a few paragraphs at school, which i emailed to my personal email address so that got me worried.

Thank you :smile:
As mentioned, emails are private. Only if you post any parts of it on forums etc. will it come up when UCAS put it through the plagiarism software. However, be careful who you send it to, as there is nothing stopping anyone from plagiarising it from the email itself, so only send it to the likes of teachers and family. Always better to be safe than sorry
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*
As mentioned, emails are private. Only if you post any parts of it on forums etc. will it come up when UCAS put it through the plagiarism software. However, be careful who you send it to, as there is nothing stopping anyone from plagiarising it from the email itself, so only send it to the likes of teachers and family. Always better to be safe than sorry

thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending