The Student Room Group

Sir Paul McCartney raps for Meat Free Monday...

Scroll to see replies

easy
what about a dairy-free tuesday* whilst you're at it? http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/california-water-suck

*other days of the week are available
I'm actually considering going veggie so I'll definitely be doing meat free Monday :biggrin:
A veggie preaching to meat eaters is hardly news. Preaching veggies and vegans should just piss off.
I eat meat-free stuff often simply because it is healthier.
Veggies that eat palm oil are the worst
"I don't eat purpose bread animals, but I help to make wild ones extinct"
Reply 6
yes tuesday and friday
Original post by leedswest
Veggies that eat palm oil are the worst
"I don't eat purpose bread animals, but I help to make wild ones extinct"

lol same with folks who only eat fish due to some welfare BS (who cares about fish eh?)

"I won't eat a sheep bred on a farm, but damn I do love the lip smacking taste of a critically endangered tuna...especially marinated in the blood of that equally endangered by-catch"

Yes, I already do now! I much prefer vegetarian food but it's difficult beyond a few times per week.
Of course I won't go meat free even for a day, I'm a human not a rabbit.
I definitely would, just because I don't really like eating meat all the time and I like vegetarian food.
Original post by RFowler
Of course I won't go meat free even for a day, I'm a human not a rabbit.

But don't you think that technological and medical advances have moved us beyond being "carnivores" who need meat to survive? After all, we have plenty of meat alternatives and supplements to get our protein requirements these days.
Reply 12
Meat is too expensive anyway.

Btw... I'm currently eating Sprag Bog ready meal (cheaper than buying the mince and pasta seperately)
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
But don't you think that technological and medical advances have moved us beyond being "carnivores" who need meat to survive? After all, we have plenty of meat alternatives and supplements to get our protein requirements these days.

Just because we can come up with alternatives, it doesn't mean we should resort to using them instead of having meat. Whether it be for moral reasons or otherwise.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Just because we can come up with alternatives, it doesn't mean we should resort to using them instead of having meat. Whether it be for moral reasons or otherwise.

why?
As a vegetarian, I would never force my beliefs on to other people. Everybody should come to their own decision as to what they think is right or wrong.
Reply 16
Going vege is easy, it's dairy products that are difficult to give up
Original post by hatsuko
Going vege is easy, it's dairy products that are difficult to give up

I could never do that. I just love cheese too much.

Original post by Josh_Dickson
why?

Because eating meat is natural and isn't immoral. We shouldn't feel obligated to look for alternatives. The faults in the meat industry is not the act of eating meat, it's more how the livestock are treated.
Reply 18
Original post by thunder_chunky
I could never do that. I just love cheese too much.

Because eating meat is natural and isn't immoral. We shouldn't feel obligated to look for alternatives. The faults in the meat industry is not the act of eating meat, it's more how the livestock are treated.

I dont like cheese :frown:
Reply 19
Honestly I frequently have days where I don't eat any meat or fish.
In fact today I haven't so already have without planning it.

Most of the meals I cook are as just as easy or easier than meat ones.
And I'm just as healthy as my friends who eat meat daily.

Quick Reply

Latest