The Student Room Group

Sir Paul McCartney raps for Meat Free Monday...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hatsuko
Going vege is easy, it's dairy products that are difficult to give up

Yh, I don't understand why people find it so hard, the only difficulty is like, if you're family eat meat so you have to make it yourself, the sight of meat disgusts me, especially red meat, btw, I would advise new vegetarians to drink organic milk, regular milk.. you might wanna put your food aside for this, it contains traces of blood, it's actually been proven, cows are forced to provide milk, even when they have none left, thus, blood is squeezed in, trust me, it's absolutely horrid.
Reply 21
Am I the only one who misread the title?
Reply 22
When you're veggie before it's cool :cool:
Reply 23
Original post by snikutsmullac
As a vegetarian, I would never force my beliefs on to other people. Everybody should come to their own decision as to what they think is right or wrong.

This, this, this!

I never slate anyone who eats meat, don't understand why some meat eaters think it's ok to slate/question my beliefs and dietary choices!
Original post by Doofy
This, this, this!

I never slate anyone who eats meat, don't understand why some meat eaters think it's ok to slate/question my beliefs and dietary choices!

I think people assume that veggies are self-righteous, so they are probably trying to get a word in before we have a chance.

Let everyone do as they please, as long as they don't try and make others do the same.

However I must admit I draw the line at halal meat.
I think people assume that veggies are self-righteous, so they are probably trying to get a word in before we have a chance.

Let everyone do as they please, as long as they don't try and make others do the same.

Why draw the line at halal meat?
Reply 26

Yeah true! A lot probably are, which is why I don't jump down meat-eaters throats!
Original post by Year11guy
Why draw the line at halal meat?

If the animals are stunned prior to being killed it's not too bad, but when they aren't and they can feel everything - that's just too cruel for me and I would never encourage it.
Original post by Doofy
Yeah true! A lot probably are, which is why I don't jump down meat-eaters throats!

We have PETA to blame for this.
In my family, we don't eat meat on a Thursday (religious fasting day). Then again, I'm Hindu so I technically shouldn't be eating meat anyway:biggrin:
Reply 30
We have PETA to blame for this.

Their messages are important but the way they portray some of their advertising is quite upsetting to say the least.
Original post by hatsuko
I dont like cheese :frown:

I guess that makes it an easier decision and transition for you.
If the animals are stunned prior to being killed it's not too bad, but when they aren't and they can feel everything - that's just too cruel for me and I would never encourage it.

From what I've read on this the majority of Halal meat IS stunned before it is killed, it is allowed under the rules of halal preparation, the only restriction is that the animal cannot be killed BY the stunning, death has to come from the slice.

This is different from kosher meat where stunning is NOT allowed.

Not cool to hate on the Jews at the moment though so we don't hear about that.
Original post by DasSnipez
From what I've read on this the majority of Halal meat IS stunned before it is killed, it is allowed under the rules of halal preparation, the only restriction is that the animal cannot be killed BY the stunning, death has to come from the slice.

This is different from kosher meat where stunning is NOT allowed.

Not cool to hate on the Jews at the moment though so we don't hear about that.

Right, I must have got the two confused. In that case, it's the Kosher meat I don't like. I knew there was one where stunning was banned.

Original post by Doofy
Their messages are important but the way they portray some of their advertising is quite upsetting to say the least.

I'd go with almost all, rather than some. I mean they spend your donations on condom costumes for god sake.
(edited 9 years ago)
That is fine by me. As long as I can pick the day in the week out, so I am for a free-meat day.
Reply 35
I support this, seeing as I'm vegetarian already.

Original post by She-Ra
I'm actually considering going veggie so I'll definitely be doing meat free Monday :biggrin:

Good for you. :biggrin:
Reply 36
As a vegetarian, I would never force my beliefs on to other people. Everybody should come to their own decision as to what they think is right or wrong.

Would you also say that about the killing of humans?
Reply 37
I already do this...
After reading a comment I want to add that I would support such an action, if I may eat vegetarian foods on free meat day. Fasting does not come into question!
Original post by thunder_chunky

Because eating meat is natural and isn't immoral. We shouldn't feel obligated to look for alternatives. The faults in the meat industry is not the act of eating meat, it's more how the livestock are treated.

Dunno, I think 'the natural' is far more enigmatic concept than you, implicitly, give it credit for - how do you prove something's natural?
However, temporarily ignoring that, can you think of anything that is "natural" and yet is something you wouldn't do?

Quick Reply

Latest