Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the shots being fired.

almost reminiscent of how i destroy everybody relentlessly in football beef on this forum and irl.

ReputationRep:
    why does this thread consistently regress into ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    why does this thread consistently regress into ****
    this and the united thread are the football forums toilet, mainly because of the quality of the two teams reflecting how we view the threads.

no offence but if arsenal were doing well nobody will par the guys here but it's mainly them failing and being arrogant about it. the united thread are getting the brunt of it nowadays but they're being backed up by the forum moderator like you guys were with abiraLEFT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    this and the united thread are the football forums toilet, mainly because of the quality of the two teams reflecting how we view the threads.

no offence but if arsenal were doing well nobody will par the guys here but it's mainly them failing and being arrogant about it. the united thread are getting the brunt of it nowadays but they're being backed up by the forum moderator like you guys were with abiraLEFT.
    nah but this thread is head and shoulders below the united thread. if the united thread is a toilet, this is a commercial sewer. It actually has some of the worst and ignorant posters (no names mentioned), and they take bait so easily.

Even qua has been put off out of posting in here :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Read my comments you daft potato. I said I wouldn't be surprised if we lost - hardly me being 'super confident'.
    daft potato made me lol
    meh, it ain't like you lost to MK Dons.
    disappointing you were beat at home but at least it was to a PL team.
    we had to take a championship level one to penalties...

ReputationRep:
    nah but this thread is head and shoulders below the united thread. if the united thread is a toilet, this is a commercial sewer. It actually has some of the worst and ignorant posters (no names mentioned), and they take bait so easily.

Even qua has been put off out of posting in here :rofl:
    recently the united thread has got even worse.

tbh i try actually talking about football but it gets boring, just ends up me talking to sug, somebody getting annoyed about how i don't rate their players or another argument coming.

take for example me talking about Arsenal's play and how well jack wilshere did during the City match, completely valid criticisms(how City would have better counter attacking threat with Toure and how Arsenal weren't playing as well as their fans made it look out to be and how it wasn't a good result in the context of last season, also how sanchez had an indifferent game) and all I got was hate from the likes of deborarosa. No insight whatsoever into what I said and just got hate. what's the point of talking football terms if that's what you're going to get. the non arsenal fans know more about arsenal than the arsenal fans here...

would like to know how many people believe ozil<mata now and how many people believe that Di Maria should have been bought instead?

ReputationRep:
    **** I took bait so easily

ReputationRep:
    this thread is reaching new levels of inanity today

ReputationRep:

and all I got was hate from the likes of deborarosa.

:lol: Should get her to apologise

ADM's pretty much embarrassed Ozil though. They're both twigs yet one's already hit the ground running.

ReputationRep:
    anyway cliffs.

1-thread is boring no insight from arsenal fans when i'm making a serious post so there's no point. LP e.g. saying chelsea fans finding excuses for not beating city away from home.
    2-everybody gets into arguments here as i'm probably the only guy who makes a serious post regularly.
    3- arsenal defence mechanism is a real thing.

could actually bother improving the thread but there's too many joke posters in here(note not jokers, but joke posters) for it to be worthwhile. Hence I only bother making decent posts in the Liverpool and the Chelsea thread.

ReputationRep:

tbh i try actually talking about football but it gets boring, just ends up me talking to sug, somebody getting annoyed about how i don't rate their players or another argument coming.

take for example me talking about Arsenal's play and how well jack wilshere did during the City match, completely valid criticisms(how City would have better counter attacking threat with Toure and how Arsenal weren't playing as well as their fans made it look out to be and how it wasn't a good result in the context of last season, also how sanchez had an indifferent game) and all I got was hate from the likes of deborarosa. No insight whatsoever into what I said and just got hate. what's the point of talking football terms if that's what you're going to get. the non arsenal fans know more about arsenal than the arsenal fans here...

would like to know how many people believe ozil<mata now and how many people believe that Di Maria should have been bought instead?
    I stand by that Ozil is more talented than Mata. but it remains to be seen if he can be as effective.

talent =/= ability to effect a game.

its like having a striker on fifa with 99 finishing and heading, but he's 5'2 and has 10 attacking position. despite the talent he wont be able to effect a game.

some of ozil touches, and passes are just :coma:. his vision aswell.

Di Maria would have been used as a better Sanchez, dont think Arsene would have played him CM or through the middle, so that would have left Santi/ Jack for no.10. I still think Ozil can hit form at no.10, and prefer the combination of Ozil and Sanchez, over Di Maria and Santi/Jack.

Spoiler:
    Show
    also Page 28 cliffs.

-OP matches 9/10 chick on tinder
    -OP is offered 150$ to sit around in the girls apartment for 1 and a half hours, with her and her "friend"
    -brb creepy as **** inb4 OP on 9 o'clock news
    -Awared on IS situation in Sydney is apparently getting pretty heated
    -Judging from tinder pics she has a tiny dink, and her friend has alien hands
    -She can't deliver spoon pic, but only plastic knife pic(?)
    -She has sub 50 followers on insta
    -Insta name the_mordsith (Mord Sith: ” They are experts at torturing and killing, and have been trained for all their teenage years in this skill. They are rigid, tough and seemingly cold-hearted, and they possess a mean sense of humor.”)
    -OP interrogates her on tinder
    -Deletes him from tinder
    -Misc detectives find her facebook n chit
    -She deletes her facebook and insta
    -OP still has her snapchat

OPs last post on facts
    -we know the tinder profile NAME was fake, as pics of her were found under a different name on facebook.
    -that new name matches the nickname "fatty" which was written on her bio on her instagram that she sent me.
    -we know that the instagram name meaning relates to a fictional group of man-killing/torturing/molesting females
    -we know that the creator of those stories is called "Moira" which was her name on tinder
    -we know she sent me 2 snapchats of what she says is her
    -we know the girl in that picture has something very wrong with her hands
    -we know I saw a pic of at least 5 naked men in a room standing, sitting around, I asked her about it and she goes "I did have sex that night"
    -we know her name means "Daughter of the prophet Muhammad"

Holy Chit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    :lol: Should get her to apologise

ADM's pretty much embarrassed Ozil though. They're both twigs yet one's already hit the ground running.
    yup.

just as predicted by your man jam a year ago. also said ozil was a fader etc. and his work rate is terrible while people were still cumming over the gum kickup gifs.

ReputationRep:
    I stand by that Ozil is more talented than Mata. but it remains to be seen if he can be as effective.

talent =/= ability to effect a game.

its like having a striker on fifa with 99 finishing and heading, but he's 5'2 and has 10 attacking position. despite the talent he wont be able to effect a game.

some of ozil touches, and passes are just :coma:. his vision aswell.

Di Maria would have been used as a better Sanchez, dont think Arsene would have played him CM or through the middle, so that would have left Santi/ Jack for no.10. I still think Ozil can hit form at no.10, and prefer the combination of Ozil and Sanchez, over Di Maria and Santi/Jack.

Spoiler:
    Show
    also Page 28 cliffs.

-OP matches 9/10 chick on tinder
    -OP is offered 150$ to sit around in the girls apartment for 1 and a half hours, with her and her "friend"
    -brb creepy as **** inb4 OP on 9 o'clock news
    -Awared on IS situation in Sydney is apparently getting pretty heated
    -Judging from tinder pics she has a tiny dink, and her friend has alien hands
    -She can't deliver spoon pic, but only plastic knife pic(?)
    -She has sub 50 followers on insta
    -Insta name the_mordsith (Mord Sith: ” They are experts at torturing and killing, and have been trained for all their teenage years in this skill. They are rigid, tough and seemingly cold-hearted, and they possess a mean sense of humor.”)
    -OP interrogates her on tinder
    -Deletes him from tinder
    -Misc detectives find her facebook n chit
    -She deletes her facebook and insta
    -OP still has her snapchat

OPs last post on facts
    -we know the tinder profile NAME was fake, as pics of her were found under a different name on facebook.
    -that new name matches the nickname "fatty" which was written on her bio on her instagram that she sent me.
    -we know that the instagram name meaning relates to a fictional group of man-killing/torturing/molesting females
    -we know that the creator of those stories is called "Moira" which was her name on tinder
    -we know she sent me 2 snapchats of what she says is her
    -we know the girl in that picture has something very wrong with her hands
    -we know I saw a pic of at least 5 naked men in a room standing, sitting around, I asked her about it and she goes "I did have sex that night"
    -we know her name means "Daughter of the prophet Muhammad"

Holy Chit
    Understandable. Ozil has that burst of acceleration while Mata is more silent, Mata's a better finisher though, final pass ability Ozil is better but not by much. Ozil is more entertaining to watch when at his best too. I never really thought that Mata was the best player in the Chelsea team tbh.

Di Maria would have played on the wing but you needed a winger despite the likes of 419 saying Santi is better on the left wing than at no.10(shown to be a complete lie but oh well) and now with the lack of work rate and Ancelotti reinventing his position seems like he can play at no.10. If Ozil hits form then yes but how long has his bad spell been for? Also Wenger isn't using him correctly and there's no work rate in the middle with Ozil and Arteta there.

Also oh shieett at spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My man was going to get beheaded if he went through with it. When I saw that plastic knife pic I was like this person is not who they said it was. Sounded so booky.

Also the girl definitely had fingers missing...

ReputationRep:
    Alexis Sanchez has had a great start to his Arsenal career, really fond of his work rate and general Chilean doggedness. You could probably play him at RB, LB, CM, CAM, ST, RW,LW and he'd just keep going until he made it work.

Compare and contrast to Lukas Podolski, the guy has one of the worst mentalities Ive ever seen, complete one trick pony who just gives up when it's not happening for him. No idea why we didnt force him out in the window, there would have been plenty of takers but now we'll probably have to just send him on loan in Jan to Koln. The guy is also a complete ****ing moron in all honesty.

When is Theo back, would ideally have played Chelsea with a front 3 of Sanchez-Welbeck-Walcott but looks unlikely.

On Diaby, if he manages to find a few weeks of fitness then I'll play a midfield 3 of Diaby-Ozil-Ramsey vs Chelsea as well. Inevitably he'll be MOTM and make Cesc his ***** before stubbing his toe and being out for the season again.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Arsenal friends

What do you guys think of Ramsey's form this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Alexis Sanchez has had a great start to his Arsenal career, really fond of his work rate and general Chilean doggedness. You could probably play him at RB, LB, CM, CAM, ST, RW,LW and he'd just keep going until he made it work.

Compare and contrast to Lukas Podolski, the guy has one of the worst mentalities Ive ever seen, complete one trick pony who just gives up when it's not happening for him. No idea why we didnt force him out in the window, there would have been plenty of takers but now we'll probably have to just send him on loan in Jan to Koln. The guy is also a complete ****ing moron in all honesty.

When is Theo back, would ideally have played Chelsea with a front 3 of Sanchez-Welbeck-Walcott but looks unlikely.

On Diaby, if he manages to find a few weeks of fitness then I'll play a midfield 3 of Diaby-Ozil-Ramsey vs Chelsea as well. Inevitably he'll be MOTM and make Cesc his ***** before stubbing his toe and being out for the season again.
    Wait why do you hate podolski on a personal level now, swear you used to love the guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Wait why do you hate podolski on a personal level now, swear you used to love the guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He made a good contribution in his first season, and even last season at times when he wasnt injured so you can handle his social media stuff. But atm his Arsenal career is effectively over and even when he gets a shot he just doesnt take them. So for £100k/week the guy is basically just messing about on twitter before his inevitable transfer back to Koln when hell probably start trying again.

You can be a bit of a clown so long as you stay professional on the pitch. Ray Parlour might be a good example but Podolski has basically just gone full on jester now.

Definitely dont hate the guy and he has genuine charisma but he does do some idiotic things. Why is he tweeting in Portuguese now? Presumably because of the WC that he played 45 minutes in? How did he square it in his head that he needed to permanently tweet to Brazilians though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Hi Arsenal friends

In general he's been below expectations from last season really. He's been a bit sloppy generally with his possession and he's probably still trying to adjust to a new 4-1-4-1 system that makes the opportunities for his late runs into the box less obvious. He seems a bit rusty compared with last season, he had maybe 4 shots vs Villa and none were on point whereas last season every single one would have flown in so as I say, needs to get sharper again. Everyone knows that Jack Wilshere and Ramsey dont complement each other at present so it hasnt been ideal for him really.

Saying that, he's still scored a few important goals for us(Palace winner, big goal vs Everton) and was brilliant in the CS so we just need to wait really because on his day he is arguably our most effective player. And even if he managed a goal every other game, then we can excuse his dip in form otherwise, at least for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's been going downhill since last season tbh. Started off well from his return to injury but as more and more games go by he just goes non existent. It was clear when you see Jack, Alexis and Joel all run circles around the mid field and Podolski is anchored to his spot with minimal work rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Hi Arsenal friends

I think it would be unfair to comment harshly on his "form" given that the performances of the whole team have been below par so far this season and that Wenger is playing everyone in strange positions with this stupid 4-1-4-1 formation.

And it's only September.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.