Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I suppose so, a bit like you winning the Community Shield last year. Mickey Mouse cup (a view I hold for our win this year as well). Happy they drew Swansea though, that should be a good game. Chelsea vs Shrewsbury though
    Decent draw for us too, Sheffield United at home!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by swarly)
    i meant starting 11 wise.
    evra! thought i forgot someone.
    vidic barely featured, was out long term injured for large parts of title winning season. ferdinand was poor, barely made a difference, memories of Bale ripping him a new one :moon:
    scholes was a rotation as was cleverley.
    kagawa and welbz didnt really break the starting XI either did they.
    and valencia is still around. (he was in poor form back then too, albeit not this bad)
    Evra is the only player who was decent in the title dominating side, that you no longer have.
    He made the PFA team of the year...

Also Giggs started about ten games that season, most if not all of the players you mention here started more.

Anderlecht are one of the top sides for their league, United aren't. Not sure how you are having trouble understanding?
    You aren't seriously comparing the Belgian league to the Premier League, are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan Januzaj)
    Decent draw for us too, Sheffield United at home!
    MK Dons could actually be the high-achieving underdog of the COC this year.

ReputationRep:
    If it means that much to you then I agree to that, wouldn't want you to cry now, would we?
    #topbantzbro

ReputationRep:
    Ferdi was in the team of the year:eek:

i distinctly remember facepalming several times at Carrick-Giggs midfields? It was a regular occurence?
    Wiki says Cleverley had 18 starts, Giggs had 12. There was no consistent partner for Carrick, he was playing midfield on his own most of the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan Januzaj)
    Wiki says Cleverley had 18 starts, Giggs had 12. There was no consistent partner for Carrick, he was playing midfield on his own most of the time
    I remember him being partnered with Rooney and even Jones :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Also Giggs started about ten games that season, most if not all of the players you mention here started more.

You aren't seriously comparing the Belgian league to the Premier League, are you?
    No, I am not. I am saying that in Belgium (STRICTLY IN BELGIUM), Anderlecht finished third last year, thus meaning they were third best in Belgium, and one of the best in their league, therefore they are one of the top teams in Belgium. Man Utd finished 7th, meaning there were 6 teams better than them last year (STRICTLY IN ENGLAND/WALES), and they are not one of the best in their league, therefore they are not one of the top teams in this country.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, I am not. I am saying that in Belgium (STRICTLY IN BELGIUM), Anderlecht finished third last year, thus meaning they were third best in Belgium, and one of the best in their league, therefore they are one of the top teams in Belgium. Man Utd finished 7th, meaning there were 6 teams better than them last year (STRICTLY IN ENGLAND/WALES), and they are not one of the best in their league, therefore they are not one of the top teams in this country.
    Why are you comparing Manchester United and Anderlecht?

ReputationRep:
    I remember him being partnered with Rooney and even Jones :lol:
    Fergie is God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm not. I said that since last year, United have not been a top team, and 'swarly' randomly mentioned Anderlecht.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    That was 2011 lol. 2012 you lot didn't have a qualifier cos you came 3rd and Chelsea won CL.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Spurs got Brighton and west brom got bournemouth.
    No, the player is who I shall hate.

I think Brighton are a good side though, they did pretty well last season. They were in the play off final but got nipped by Crystal Palace 2-0. Shame it's at WHL though.

Yeah but it's West Brom...

(Original post by Pete_91)
    Yeah realised I had that wrong.

But either way he saved vs Villa last season at home (Benteke scored the rebound).
    Yeah remember that. Well does that count? Technically I guess. Still a poor record for Szcs though, these times where I miss the Fabmeister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I get what he was trying to say, he doesn't know how to explain himself and thus dug himself a bigger hole. Cba to explain his explanation though lol...it's late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    No, the player is who I shall hate.

I think Brighton are a good side though, they did pretty well last season. They were in the play off final but got nipped by Crystal Palace. Shame it's at WHL though.

Yeah but it's West Brom...

Yeah remember that. Well does that count? Technically I guess. Still a poor record for Szcs though, these times where I miss the Fabmeister.
    Fabmeister? I thought it was Penaltianski or something...YOU LIED TO ME.

ReputationRep:
    Fabmeister? I thought it was Penaltianski or something...YOU LIED TO ME.
    Fabmeister in open play, Penaltianski for spot kicks... yeah I'll go with that, makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Fabmeister in open play, Penaltianski for spot kicks... yeah I'll go with that, makes sense.
    Fair enough, for now. :unimpressed:

lol stfu.

you started this whole thing with ignorant and misinformed post and then got your boyfriend to jump in.
    Y u so mad doe?

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for you like a hawk boy.

Lol no, you started acting moist and escalated one simple thing. Got bare emotional about me saying I'm treating United as an exception to being knocked out of coc because of their poor form. I was even giving them the benefit of doubt then you lots started ranting on about big teams and a small clubs. Why are you only replying to me now when I quoted you ages ago? Because you know you were chatting rubbish. Stfu and let me know when you've admitted your earlier stupidity.
    lul no.

you made an ignorant and misinformed post about United not being a top side. I called you out on it, and you tapped your TSR boyfriend in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Making PFA team of the year is a farce tbh when your team concedes 42 goals...

Ferdinand was past it and if it wasn't for your forwards firing(RVP and Rooney) you would have been complaining about the terrible defence as much as you have been doing the past 16 months.

ReputationRep:
    see united possess this ability to actually turn up against top sides and not roll over and bend over.
    lold

ReputationRep:
    lul no.

you made an ignorant and misinformed post about United not being a top side. I called you out on it, and you tapped your TSR boyfriend in.
    Lol. You clearly have the inability to understand simple concepts tonight.

Man city winning (emphatically) spurs winning, Chelsea winning, Liverpool won...

So we're the only top side to have gone out? If you don't count Man utd...

Lol oh well.

why would you not count Utd.

they won the league 2 years ago, you last won in 2003.

other than playing in champions league, (incidentally united have even gone on to win it, unlike arsenal), what makes you think arsenal are a top side, if utd aren't. if you want to talk commercially, they are even the bigger side commercially.

they just had the worst finish in the past 10 years, and came 7th. you had your best season in 10 years and scraped 4th.
    That's what I said, and that's how you responded. Clearly, you overreacted mate. I was even being kind to United cos I understand but ok. I could easily have gone 'United got raped' etc etc. Logic these days.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam278)
    Making PFA team of the year is a farce tbh when your team concedes 42 goals...

Ferdinand was past it and if it wasn't for your forwards firing(RVP and Rooney) you would have been complaining about the terrible defence as much as you have been doing the past 16 months.
    We were all doing that at the time!

It would have been a complete farce if we equaled Chelsea's total from 04/05, because I can't think of more than 3 games in that season where we actually played well. Liverpool away? Should have lost 4 or 5 nil. Chelsea away? Needed an offside goal to beat 9 men. Villa away? Should have lost. West Ham away? lucky to get anything. Should have lost both games to Southampton too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.