Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We were all doing that at the time!

It would have been a complete farce if we equaled Chelsea's total from 04/05, because I can't think of more than 3 games in that season where we actually played well. Liverpool away? Should have lost 4 or 5 nil. Chelsea away? Needed an offside goal to beat 9 men. Villa away? Should have lost. West Ham away? lucky to get anything. Should have lost both games to Southampton too.
    Fergie absolutely trolled the premier league.

Wonder how he'd have done now tbh, no doubt the team is much stronger than it was when you won the title(bar at CB), if Fergie actually had a world class team to use from 2010 onwards then there wouldn't be any need competing in competitions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam278)
    Fergie absolutely trolled the premier league.

Wonder how he'd have done now tbh, no doubt the team is much stronger than it was when you won the title(bar at CB), if Fergie actually had a world class team to use from 2010 onwards then there wouldn't be any need competing in competitions.
    If Ferguson had Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Herrera even Blind there wouldn't have been any point in playing the season. We'd have won the lot.

I do wonder how much of our refusal to spend much money was down to him, and how much was down to Glazernomics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If Ferguson had Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Herrera even Blind there wouldn't have been any point in playing the season. We'd have won the lot.

I do wonder how much of our refusal to spend much money was down to him, and how much was down to Glazernomics.
    Pretty much.

I reckon about 50-50. When Fergie felt his team were in trouble he'd spend. Noticed that your big signings came in 2004, and in 2011-2013 with Jones/RVP/Young etc, also around 1989ish iirc. If we look at it that way, reckon it was somewhat of a project with Fergie, probably wanted to recreate the fergie fledgings, would have been nice to see that rather than this Gaalacticos but it seems that unless you're in a league where you're infinitely stronger than most of the opposition or abuse a system (aka B teams) then it's near impossible to do. Easier just buying out success, less risky.

Notice that the 1990s, when the fergie fledgings arosed United were the dominant team, same thing has happened with Bayern and with Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan Januzaj)
    Decent draw for us too, Sheffield United at home!
    Funny how you have a man utd player's name yet support the team that knocked them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Lol. You clearly have the inability to understand simple concepts tonight.

That's what I said, and that's how you responded. Clearly, you overreacted mate. I was even being kind to United cos I understand but ok. I could easily have gone 'United got raped' etc etc. Logic these days.

To be honest swarly made a fair point at the start, although I wouldn't say last season was our best season in 10 years if we're being technical here..

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually scared to watch the arsenal drake find your love remix lmao the cringe might be too real

ReputationRep:
    Remix was 3/10, also lol at the guy with the Weeknd type hair doing the Shmoney dance at the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    To be honest swarly made a fair point at the start, although I wouldn't say last season was our best season in 10 years if we're being technical here..
    AR pls. Just pls. What he was on about was out if context. Forget about it now lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    I'm actually scared to watch the arsenal drake find your love remix lmao the cringe might be too real
    Surprisingly I managed to watch it without topping myself. Just imagine it is JLS or something.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini - Ramsey
    Sanchez - Ozil - Ox
    Welbeck

for the weekend please..

Only issue is no wilshire, which Is why I expect wenger to revert to the 4-1-4-1..

ReputationRep:
    I just want to squeeze and hold Alexis, he's so damn cute.

ReputationRep:
    There's a new Arsenal thread, damn it missed the first page .

I love the North London Derby, always full of entertainment and goals.

ReputationRep:
    I have just realized how little I rate Tottenham this season. In the past, I have seen the NLD and thought 'that will be a hard game', but this season I just can't think of a reason why Tottenham should win - they are terrible. Their team strikes pity into my heart, not fear. Adebayor has passed his best, Bale gone, reliant on Kane, and generally poor defence.

On the plus side, the match should hopefully feature a decent amount of British talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I have just realized how little I rate Tottenham this season. In the past, I have seen the NLD and thought 'that will be a hard game', but this season I just can't think of a reason why Tottenham should win - they are terrible. Their team strikes pity into my heart, not fear. Adebayor has passed his best, Bale gone, reliant on Kane, and generally poor defence.

On the plus side, the match should hopefully feature a decent amount of British talent.
    They're 2 points behind you lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nedum Onuoha)
    They're 2 points behind you lol
    Your point being? They have only played one hard game, and lost it. We played two and drew both.

ReputationRep:
    I just found out Kroenke took a dividend out of the club. I was previously supportive of him but now I want that parasite out of our club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Your point being? They have only played one hard game, and lost it. We played two and drew both.
    Are you counting 15th placed Everton as a hard game and not Dortmund, or 8th placed West Ham who Spurs beat?

ReputationRep:
    Are you counting 15th placed Everton as a hard game and not Dortmund, or 8th placed West Ham who Spurs beat?
    or 5th place ecerton.. and 13th place west ham,

(you know.. if we judge them on a full season, and not 5 games..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    or 5th place ecerton.. and 13th place west ham,

(you know.. if we judge them on a full season, and not 5 games..)
    The point is you played them this season, when they've been awful.

ReputationRep:
    Everton at Goodison is a hard game, as is Dortmund. Why are you bringing up places and points, unless you are suggesting Swansea is a better team than Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.