Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Perhaps. But see my reply to AR, I feel as though we're that "nearly" team right now and if we don't start winning soon our players will begin to leave.

    I got a dirty feeling that maybe in the season after next, Bayen will try and swoop for Ozil. He's German. And basically because they can they will get him.

    Pretty happy that Wengers got a strong spine of British players though, they tend not to be snakes.. But I do feel we're entering that make or break era again. And typically it's been a break for us
    90% of the players we lost in the austerity era were because of finances. We aren't going to have that kind of issue with most of the players we have now. The other 10% were down to a lack of ambition (and Cesc wanting to go home) shown by the club. I'm not sure you can say spending 16m on Welbeck and 35m on Sanchez in one window is lacking ambition?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Perhaps. But see my reply to AR, I feel as though we're that "nearly" team right now and if we don't start winning soon our players will begin to leave.

    I got a dirty feeling that maybe in the season after next, Bayen will try and swoop for Ozil. He's German. And basically because they can they will get him.

    Pretty happy that Wengers got a strong spine of British players though, they tend not to be snakes.. But I do feel we're entering that make or break era again. And typically it's been a break for us
    Problem with that is Hodgson will get your English players injured during internationals...
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    90% of the players we lost in the austerity era were because of finances. We aren't going to have that kind of issue with most of the players we have now. The other 10% were down to a lack of ambition (and Cesc wanting to go home) shown by the club. I'm not sure you can say spending 16m on Welbeck and 35m on Sanchez in one window is lacking ambition?
    Nah course not, it's been a better 12 months of transfer activity from our part, especially given that no one significant has left. It's just that if we were to look the rivals, they've gone out and gotten exactly what they've needed. We've had a pretty sidewards transfer window. Better than pervious years obviously but considering how strong Chelsea and City look now look, it's not been as productive as we all would have liked. The fact that Chelsea got Costa, Matic etc and City got Mangala, Fernando etc just shows that the players we needed were available. So in that sense it's a bit sad.

    Fair enough about the reasons for our ex players' departures but they way they did it absolutely mugged us. It's happened thrice and we're approaching that stage again where we've prepared the nearly perfect team. Just scared as hell that they might get robbed from us too
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Problem with that is Hodgson will get your English players injured during internationals...
    *Sigh*

    Always had a strong hate for international breaks
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabioCannavaro)
    Fergie got 6 points off the record with a relatively poor squad. If he had a team comparable to 04-05 Chelsea he would've broken it.

    In terms of getting the most out of players it's clearly SAF over Mourinho.
    Because Mourinho builds a top team most of the time and bar at Barca(which is understandable) he's dominated in every league he's been in, breaking the points record in 2 out of 4 leagues he's managed in while remaining unbeaten at home for 150 league matches?

    Mou is just as effective as Fergie when it comes to league titles. As much as I hate to say it though, Guardiola is probably the best wrt league titles, he had a lot to do with that Barca revolution so you have to give him credit. Would love to see him in the prem one day, top manager. A project like Arsenal would be pretty tasty for him.
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Perhaps. But see my reply to AR, I feel as though we're that "nearly" team right now and if we don't start winning soon our players will begin to leave.

    I got a dirty feeling that maybe in the season after next, Bayen will try and swoop for Ozil. He's German. And basically because they can they will get him.

    Pretty happy that Wengers got a strong spine of British players though, they tend not to be snakes.. But I do feel we're entering that make or break era again. And typically it's been a break for us
    They'll go for Ozil when they have a better player in Gotze and Muller. Especially when they play 4-1-4-1 so don't actually require Ozil in the formation?
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    I think Ozil's past his best.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I think Ozil's past his best.
    He's only just 25, I don't think that's likely somehow.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    do you think you'll score any goals next week? honest question.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    do you think you'll score any goals next week? honest question.
    Against Chelsea or Gala too? If just Chelsea, then nah don't think we will. 2/3-0 we'll lose minimum.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Wenger: 1000+ games for Arsenal, 0 goals. Wenger is a flop.

    #WengerOut

    Spoiler:
    Show
    not srs
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Mesut had a class game yesterday? Our best player imo.

    Flamini is a disgrace.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    Not afraid of Chelsea, feel sorry for anyone who is tbh. I reckon we'll turn up, it will either be a draw or an Arsenal win
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:


    That pretty much sums up the chelsea game
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Seems realistic, who scores?
    I think Costa with a brace and Oscar or Schurrle with the other.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Because Mourinho builds a top team most of the time and bar at Barca(which is understandable) he's dominated in every league he's been in, breaking the points record in 2 out of 4 leagues he's managed in while remaining unbeaten at home for 150 league matches?

    Mou is just as effective as Fergie when it comes to league titles. As much as I hate to say it though, Guardiola is probably the best wrt league titles, he had a lot to do with that Barca revolution so you have to give him credit. Would love to see him in the prem one day, top manager. A project like Arsenal would be pretty tasty for him.

    They'll go for Ozil when they have a better player in Gotze and Muller. Especially when they play 4-1-4-1 so don't actually require Ozil in the formation?
    Nah not for any reason in particular. Simply because they can. They love having the best German talent right? They don't even have a particular need to go for Reus, and yet arnt they odds on to get him? Ozil will probably get really pissed off with all the hate that he gets here too.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Anyone else think Mesut had a class game yesterday? Our best player imo.

    Flamini is a disgrace.
    Defo. There's a spring in his step now and doesn't come across as lazy.

    Flamini flopped us twice now. He let Aguero run in behind him and score for city too, and then ****ed up yesterday
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Nah not for any reason in particular. Simply because they can. They love having the best German talent right? They don't even have a particular need to go for Reus, and yet arnt they odds on to get him? Ozil will probably get really pissed off with all the hate that he gets here too.
    Reus is potentially going bayern because Ribery is getting on and so is Robben. They're both 30 so needs replacing. Plus there's also the weakening of their team as he's clearly Dortmunds best attacking player.
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    Diego Costa, seriously he can score even if a parked bus is in front of goal
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Also we're getting smashed by Chelsea next week if Costa's fit. Only hope is that his hammy goes.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Reus is potentially going bayern because Ribery is getting on and so is Robben. They're both 30 so needs replacing. Plus there's also the weakening of their team as he's clearly Dortmunds best attacking player.
    This is true, perhaps a bad example to use. I'm just mentally prepared for another raid
 
 
 
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.