Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    2nd favourites is not underdogs.
    Well would you say that Atlético are not underdogs for la liga then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    We managed to score 6 goals last season against you guys with an old Eto'o, Remy can also do damage if Costa isn't fit....
    Remy is nowhere near as dangerous and would be far more suited to us (if Kos is fit.)

In other news Giroud is to sign a new deal.

Cue all Gooners:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Remy is nowhere near as dangerous and would be far more suited to us (if Kos is fit.)

In other news Giroud is to sign a new deal.

Cue all Gooners:
    He's no Costa, but our other players will turn up like last year if Costa doesn't...Costa can't score every game, I remember Suarez went through a phase last season where he didn't score for a few games.

ReputationRep:
    Same with RVP when he had that top goalscorer award at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    He's no Costa, but our other players will turn up like last year if Costa doesn't...Costa can't score every game, I remember Suarez went through a phase last season where he didn't score for a few games.
    Remy's has got the same build or strength as Costa. But agree. Can't play Flamini or Rosicky. They'll bottle it against Snesc and probably start sucking him off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    na he's getting that contract renewal.

I'm not confident. We're just playing at our maximum potential atm. We're just underdogs playing at our full potential, like Atlético Madrid. Although we're just the anti Arsenal team in this league. The other anti arsenal teams are Bayern and Barca.
    Any team with a solid midfield is an anti-Arsenal team tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will be as easy for Chelsea as you guys make it out to be...then again, I'm always pessimistic about Chelsea. I think it will be 2-1 or 2-0.

ReputationRep:
    Well would you say that Atlético are not underdogs for la liga then?
    They aren't second favourites (or shouldn't be). RM and Barca should be 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The notion that you're gonna get anything against Chelsea at the bridge is hilarious.
    I'm bricking it about when we have to venture there - I'm just hoping we aren't spanked too hard.

I'm deleting this post when you get a draw...
    We're not getting a draw mate anyways, we're too exposed, we're very wide open at the back. I doubt we're going to get much counter attacking opportunities in the game too and not to mention we're woeful at both creating something from set pieces (most times, especially corners) and bad at defending them too. Most of our goals conceded this season have been from set pieces if I'm not mistaken.

The bridge is a fortress, where only few dare to brave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    We're not getting a draw mate anyways, we're too exposed, we're very wide open at the back. I doubt we're going to get much counter attacking opportunities in the game too and not to mention we're woeful at both creating something from set pieces (most times, especially corners) and bad at defending them too. Most of our goals conceded this season have been from set pieces if I'm not mistaken.

The bridge is a fortress, where only few dare to brave.
    you could surprise going forward from general play though.
    you definitely have the attacking quality but you lack it at the back in very specific areas (i.e: set pieces like you said)
    the trouble is that chelsea have even more quality coursing through their entire squad with no outright weakness.

i would say losing by 3 or less goals isn't too bad; i just don't want an embarrassment when we go to the bridge too :/
    it's come to the point where a team is so overwhelmingly strong that i've already accepted no points, merely i'm hoping for a respectable defeat instead...

i wouldn't be surprised if chelsea went all season without a domestic loss at home.

ReputationRep:
    They'll do a Juventus and win all games at home

ReputationRep:
    In regards to Chelsea, I would love to see us park the bus on their lawn. Park an airplane if necessary.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Arsenal Fan TV is the gift that keeps on giving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    In regards to Chelsea, I would love to see us park the bus on their lawn. Park an airplane if necessary.
    We won't, and even if we did park a plane, it would be a little poxy Cessna 172, not much fight!

We have a manager who actually thinks we can beat a proper team despite the fact we all know we have absolutely no chance in doing so. Didn't The Ox in an interview say recently that we will just play our game? And won't be caution given the absolute hiding we got from them last time? Good luck with that. I am dreading this match.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I hate that channel, people watch one episode and then use to tar the whole Arsenal fan base.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    They do actually do some decent stuff. Once you get past that homeless-looking, pirate thing we have going home and away, they aren't half bad!

The 'War Of Words' battle between Geoff and Moh was quality. Moh absolutely wiped the floor with that mumbling idiot Geoff, I'm sure he's a drunk, nothing he says ever makes sense, constantly fumbling over his words and having a conniption anytime he's asked a question that isn't as simple as yes-no. Worse of all, he has his head so far up Arsene's arse, it is actually quite embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I hate that channel, people watch one episode and then use to tar the whole Arsenal fan base.
    Like RedMen TV and Full Time Devils.

AFTV does have some none loony contributions, those who aren't regulars seem to be the best ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Like RedMen TV and Full Time Devils.

AFTV does have some none loony contributions, those who aren't regulars seem to be the best ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like the random woman who said put Ramsey as our striker :rolleyes:
    I actually think some of the regs are decent tbh

Also, found out I share the same birthday as Giroud. Respect for him went up 10x fold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    How did that work at Bayern at the emirates last season?

ReputationRep:
    How did that work at Bayern at the emirates last season?
    lol that was actually jokes how Robben etc. all ganged up on Monreal and all the play went through their right wing :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.