The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And Wenger has still never managed a win against Mourinho.
Must be nice for Spurs to be on the right end of a 5-2 for once.
Reply 7982
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Fair enough you're a well run club and you could be doing better, i'm just saying be careful what you wish for

We're not a well run club at all. We haven't been so for the last 2 seasons at least.
Spurs above us, fml man, fml.
Chelsea been on the wrong end of two 5-3s, both against North London clubs...
Reply 7985
Original post by Tom_Ford
Spurs above us, fml man, fml.

For the sake of Chelsea losing who cares
We really needed to win today, we ****ed up big time. Big time. If we got the right signings and were ten points off top I would not have discounted a late title charge. But we ****ed it up.
Original post by AR_95
For the sake of Chelsea losing who cares

Do you know any Spurs fans?
Reply 7988
Do you know any Spurs fans?

That's not the point. Tottenham will be Tottenham and bottle somehow. I'm not as pissed about todays result, we played with no striker, Calum Chambers a 19 year old back up RB who's filled in the season at CB starting his first game at CM and an unwanted reserve recalled from Loan to play CDM alongside.
Can't wait to hear the absolute *******s Mou comes up with after that performance, this season has been weird as ****!

Also, absolute bull**** that City have extended their loan of Lampard, can see there being a LOT of dodgy dealings in years to come.

Also, did Wenger really say we were on top before the goal??! We were split in 2 at least 5 times today I've haven't seen such a pathetic performance in a long time
Original post by AR_95
That's not the point. Tottenham will be Tottenham and bottle somehow. I'm not as pissed about todays result, we played with no striker, Calum Chambers a 19 year old back up RB who's filled in the season at CB starting his first game at CM and an unwanted reserve recalled from Loan to play CDM alongside.

It's the symbolic significance of being outshone by Spurs. The table does not lie, we are 6th. 6th! Fair enough if all you've ever known is this Arsenal. But it is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.
Original post by leinad2012
Can't wait to hear the absolute *******s Mou comes up with after that performance, this season has been weird as ****!

Also, absolute bull**** that City have extended their loan of Lampard, can see there being a LOT of dodgy dealings in years to come.

Also, did Wenger really say we were on top before the goal??! We were split in 2 at least 5 times today I've haven't seen such a pathetic performance in a long time

Stoke. Lol.
Original post by AR_95

Agree with all but the last bit, Coq was possibly our best player today, although that isn't saying much
Typical Arsenal. Could have been 4th today, it could have all been plain sailing. Now we find ourselves back where we began. We cocked up massively, and deservedly so. We just never learn.
Reply 7994
Original post by leinad2012

although that isn't saying much

Exactly
Can I just ask; Did anyone actually think we were going to win today?
Reply 7997
It's the symbolic significance of being outshone by Spurs. The table does not lie, we are 6th. 6th! Fair enough if all you've ever known is this Arsenal. But it is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

Mate I've been watching since 2002.

Spoiler

Reply 7998
Original post by somemightsay888
Can I just ask; Did anyone actually think we were going to win today?

I did until Giroud was suspended
Stoke. Lol.

Nah this was worse imo, at least we showed some hart in the second half, this was 90 minutes where we did absolutely nothing at all, Sanchez had a decent chance but other than that there wasn't anything to talk about whilst Soton wasted 4 or 5 decent chances. I respect we don't have Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Flam, Arteta but I would still hope that we would make a few chances.

But the biggest disappointment is Giroud, this was a game where he could have made a difference and tbh his ridiculous "headbutt" if you could even call it that, has lefft us without an out and out striker of good quality

Latest