Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't watch German football so I'm sure there are others on here who can speak better about Bayern. Ribery and Robben are getting on, who's their ideal replacements?

I've never really rated Dante tbh Whenever I've seen him he looks unreliable and erratic. Prefer to go for Nastasic I think he easily displace Mert from the team. Doubt City would to sell to us tho
    Who says they have to buy from the BuLi? Robben/Ribery both came from other leagues and in a choice of Draxler for £35m or doing that again, Bayern are cute enough to figure out the best deal. Can easily go with Gotze and Muller as first choice wide men in any case.

Dante is a terrible CB imho

ReputationRep:

Rodgers and Mourinho don't have the the swag AW has.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Kieran Gibbs for his England call up as well, he's found his best form again recently after a shaky end to last season. Really has become a mature, reliable full back.

Can only assume Calum Chambers is being rested because of the hectic start of the season, because his performances have warranted another cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Congrats to Kieran Gibbs for his England call up as well, he's found his best form again recently after a shaky end to last season. Really has become a mature, reliable full back.
    Let's just hope he doesn't get injured. Chaps really injury prone

Happy for him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Let's just hope he doesn't get injured. Chaps really injury prone

Happy for him though
    That's always been his Achilles heel, but he does seem to have hardened up recently. I think he's one of those players who picks up wear and tear injuries basically so we should continue getting Monreal playing 1/3 games against winnable sides to protect him. He played over 40 games last season as well tbf.

What I like about Gibbs more this season is that his attacking game has gone up a level. He seems more confident and willing to make runs into the box, even dribbling at times :eek:, and because of his athleticism and stamina he rarely is found out of position. He defends in a very strange fashion, sort of harrying and basically being a nuisance rather than making clean tackles, but it's very effective in general.

Gibbs always seemed like a nice, down to earth bloke as well and a real Arsenal man so I';d really like him to make that LB position his until well into his 30s

ReputationRep:
    Can only assume Calum Chambers is being rested because of the hectic start of the season, because his performances have warranted another cap.
    He's in the under 21 squad

ReputationRep:
    That's always been his Achilles heel, but he does seem to have hardened up recently. I think he's one of those players who picks up wear and tear injuries basically so we should continue getting Monreal playing 1/3 games against winnable sides to protect him. He played over 40 games last season as well tbf.

What I like about Gibbs more this season is that his attacking game has gone up a level. He seems more confident and willing to make runs into the box, even dribbling at times :eek:, and because of his athleticism and stamina he rarely is found out of position. He defends in a very strange fashion, sort of harrying and basically being a nuisance rather than making clean tackles, but it's very effective in general.

Gibbs always seemed like a nice, down to earth bloke as well and a real Arsenal man so I';d really like him to make that LB position his until well into his 30s
    He's so much more confident on the ball. He was initially a LW if I remember correctly, and then settled into the LB position as he broke into the first team. He has that confidence and great feet going forwards. Such an underrated player.

Defo, he's a disciplined guy too and is still relatively young. Id happily have him end his career at the emirates
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

You really think Hodgson cares about that? U21's have a play off game so they're just taking advantage of his eligibility. Same with Shaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't watch German football so I'm sure there are others on here who can speak better about Bayern. Ribery and Robben are getting on, who's their ideal replacements?

I've never really rated Dante tbh Whenever I've seen him he looks unreliable and erratic. Prefer to go for Nastasic I think he easily displace Mert from the team. Doubt City would to sell to us tho
    I was just kidding about dante xD. He's Pique 2.0
    anyways,
    Robben seems to have 2-3 years left while ribery seems to be really really struggling with injuries..I think Gotze can replace ribery but his pace isn't that good, Shaqiri just doesn't fit into Pep's tactics and Finally I have always thought that reus is an ideal replacement yet i dont want bayern to get him its just bullying.. Currently we have bought Sinan Kurt who seems to be very promising hopefully he can manage to get his place in the Starting XI in the next 3 years

ReputationRep:
    How much do you reckon Koscielny would fetch in the current transfer market?

I'd have to say youre looking at £35m at the very least, probably more. Watching him at times, I genuinely think he's the best individual defender in the PL.

ReputationRep:

I'd have to say youre looking at £35m at the very least, probably more. Watching him at times, I genuinely think he's the best individual defender in the PL.

The guy carries the defence at times tbh. Problem is we're God awful at defending set pieces. I don't think that is the fault of the defence though. It's the system.

ReputationRep:

35m at least for a 29 year old defender who relies on pace. Only Zurich could come up with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    The guy carries the defence at times tbh. Problem is we're God awful at defending set pieces. I don't think that is the fault of the defence though. It's the system.
    I dont know what happened compared with last season when our set piece defending was actually great for most of the season. On paper you'd still fancy Mertesacker and Kosc to deal with things but they just seem to be positionally suspect. Sagna was always great at defending set pieces tbf? :confused:

Potential new strategy for defending set pieces?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    35m at least for a 29 year old defender who relies on pace. Only Zurich could come up with this
    Fair point on his pace. But at present the guy is just killing it and the likes of Real/PSG are well known for paying for the here and now. The guy's one on one defending is crazy, he's like a dog with a bone when he gets stuck in.

Also genuinely surprised you havent said

''Koscielny is ****, wouldnt make the Chelsea bench'' or just some random psyco grievance

ReputationRep:
    Fair point on his pace. But at present the guy is just killing it and the likes of Real/PSG are well known for paying for the here and now. The guy's one on one defending is crazy, he's like a dog with a bone when he gets stuck in.

Also genuinely surprised you havent said

''Koscielny is ****, wouldnt make the Chelsea bench'' or just some random psyco grievance
    hes one of the best one on one defenders in the world hes not world class he still makes errors regularly tho

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Yes, that means you Robin.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is in the 27-30 million range. He's good but a bit overrated by Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:

Worst post on this entire forum. Ever.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I rate Koscielny highly, but £35m for a 29 year old defender? lol. If Arsenal were offered half that fee they'd sell him.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.