The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
going to miss the start of this weekends game due to having to catch a train back to liverpool..

Should get home at 3.30, and may catch the last 20 minutes if I am lucky..

Gutted.. mostly because the last 2 times I have missed games due to being on a train was liverpool away, and chelsea away, from last season.. and we all knew what happened with those..

Looks like its checking bbc text on my phone for most of it..

Stream it on your phone/laptop on the train?
Original post by Stalin
Stream it on your phone/laptop on the train?

phone is terrible, but I had not thought about laptop.. will see if the train has paid-wifi, as I would happily pay £2 or so to see the game..
Tim Sherwood said yesterday: "Players only call themselves No. 10s because they can't score goals". :confused:.

going to miss the start of this weekends game due to having to catch a train back to liverpool..

Should get home at 3.30, and may catch the last 20 minutes if I am lucky..

Gutted.. mostly because the last 2 times I have missed games due to being on a train was liverpool away, and chelsea away, from last season.. and we all knew what happened with those..

Looks like its checking bbc text on my phone for most of it..

Where about do you live? I live on Brownlow Hill if you've heard of it...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Tim Sherwood said yesterday: "Players only call themselves No. 10s because they can't score goals". :confused:.

Where about do you live? I live on Brownlow Hill if you've heard of it...

not actually in liverpool, but moved to birkenhead in wirral across the water a few months ago for my new job..

Surrounded by liverpool fans everywhere..
not actually in liverpool, but moved to birkenhead in wirral across the water a few months ago for my new job..

Surrounded by liverpool fans everywhere..

Oh right, yeah so many Liverpool and Everton fans. Everytime I go to a Liverpool pub and if they go goal down I have to celebrate inside.
Original post by Kruz
Oh right, yeah so many Liverpool and Everton fans. Everytime I go to a Liverpool pub and if they go goal down I have to celebrate inside.

Part of my job is working with teenagers, and its gotten to the point where I almost want liverpool to win each week.. just because after they have bad game, the kids are in such an awful mood, that it makes my life harder!
So will Fabregas get a hero's welcome at the Emirates if he inspires Chelsea to smash you lot at Stamford Bridge?

I really want to see him score a goal against you lot just to see how he would react or even celebrate. I'd imagine if your fans gave him a lot of abuse he'd probably celebrate.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
So will Fabregas get a hero's welcome at the Emirates if he inspires Chelsea to smash you lot at Stamford Bridge?

I really want to see him score a goal against you lot just to see how he would react or even celebrate. I'd imagine if your fans gave him a lot of abuse he'd probably celebrate.

Well firstly, he's not an Arsenal legend so he isn't deserving of a hero's welcome anyway. He forced his way out of the club back in 2011, let's not forget.

He made his bed, now he has to lie in it, the originally anger and pain is from how he left, going to that lot will only add to it.

All this rubbish he's been saying to almost appease us won't work, he can celebrate as much as he wants, but he won't even if he does get stick from our lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No chance is Fabregas getting a good reception from Arsenal fans tbh.

If anything, for all the bull that certain fans post about 'classy fanbase' and 'marble halls', the large majority of Arsenal fans are the most bitter in the country, maybe Europe, when it comes to ex-players and taking the moral high-horse.

Constantly booing players who have left over the years, as far back as 2006-2009 etc. Get over it. Yeah, every fanbase has it's nutcases, but even last night during the Spuds game by housemates were singing songs about Adebayor getting shot in Africa. They have a go at their old players always leaving for money etc, but always say crap like they're 'coming to the classiest club in the world' when they give new players higher wage contracts.

I'll be staggered if he does celebrate tbh. Wenger is responsible for his entire career I don't think he's do it on a personal level to Wenger.
Original post by The Shed End

If anything, for all the bull that certain fans post about 'classy fanbase' and 'marble halls', the large majority of Arsenal fans are the most bitter in the country, maybe Europe, when it comes to ex-players and taking the moral high-horse.

Constantly booing players who have left over the years, as far back as 2006-2009 etc. Get over it. Yeah, every fanbase has it's nutcases, but even last night during the Spuds game by housemates were singing songs about Adebayor getting shot in Africa. They have a go at their old players always leaving for money etc, but always say crap like they're 'coming to the classiest club in the world' when they give new players higher wage contracts.

You seem to be confusing class and tradition. And the marble halls do exist!

The whole class thing as about how the club go about their business, more often than not, we don't get involved seedy underhanded deals and whatnot.

Some Arsenal fans feel we are holier than thou but as a fanbase we've never been classy, going back to the 80s when Stapleton was getting abuse for leaving us, but we have slightly more class than fans who make monkey gestures to opposition players or making gas noises when they play Spurs.

I don't know why you are suggesting we aren't allowed to be annoyed with previous players. Adebayor ran the whole length of the pitch to give our fans stick after we suggested he moved for money (which he did) Nasri strung us along saying he would sign a new deal then naffed off and proceeded to slag our club off, he should expect to get some abuse back. Cesc went on strike to force a move away and paid some of his own cash to go, and RVP came out with that bloody statement and rubbish like "the little boy inside me screamed Man Utd"

The Adebayot chant was out of order but how many years did Arsene have to deal with fans calling him a pedophile and what not? We sang that Adebayor song once at WHL and suddenly everyone was crying.

It's not a matter of being bitter, but hurt. If you had teams systemically come in and dismantle your team taking you back to square one, you wouldn't be particularly happy.

We don't boo Sagna, Clichy, Toure only the ones we feel did us wrong. Reality is, most players that fans of their former teams are upset with, will get stick, it's not exclusive to Arsenal, we just have more of our former players playing for teams we'd rather they didn't.

Please stop all these sweeping statement about what we supposedly say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
You seem to be confusing class and tradition. And the marble halls do exist!

The whole class thing as about how the club go about their business, more often than not, we don't get involved seedy underhanded deals and whatnot.

Some Arsenal fans feel we are holier than thou but as a fanbase we've never been classy, going back to the 80s when Stapleton was getting abuse for leaving us, but we have slightly more class than fans who make monkey gestures to opposition players or making gas noises when we play Spurs.

I don't know why you are suggesting we aren't allowed to be annoyed with previous players. Adebayor ran the whole length of the pitch to give our fans stick after we suggested he moved for money (which he did) Nasri strung us along saying he would sign a new deal then naffed off and proceeded to slag our club off, he should expect to get some abuse back. Cesc went on strike to force a move away and paid some of his own cash to go, and RVP came out with that bloody statement and rubbish like "the little boy inside me screamed Man Utd"

The Adebayot chant was out of order but how many years did Arsene have to deal with fans calling him a pedophile and what not? We sang that Adebayor song once at WHL and suddenly everyone was crying.

It's not a matter of being bitter, but hurt. If you had teams systemically come in and dismantle your team taking you back to square one, you wouldn't be particularly happy.

We don't boo Sagna, Clichy, Toure only the ones we feel did us wrong.

Please stop all these sweeping statement about what we supposedly say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Herbert Chapman built the club in the 30's through paying to have your club promoted.

You want me to not saying sweeping statements about your club? Don't say it about others then. Because one fan was think enough to think doing monkey gestures was ok that makes all Chelsea fans racist does it? And don't kid me, your fans have made gas noises against Spurs.

The paedo chants? Taking that to heart? Jesus wept. Should probably have a go at Wenger more for allowing players to leave and doing nothing about replacing them, more than those who left tbh.

This a pretty stupid view tbf. Hate for Ex players when they move to rivals is pretty much universal throughout football.

Tevez was booed by Utd fans whenever they got the chance
Rooney received death threats over a possible move to City
Gerrard received death threats over a possible move to Chelsea
LFC fans treatment of Suarez during the summer of 2013
Sol Campbell still gets abuse to this day from spurs fans smh
Do you think Figo can ever show his face anywhere near Barcelona?
Balotelli was booed and racially abused by Inter fans
Paul Ince will never be welcomed at Upton park
Fernando Torres booed by LFC fans at every opportunity
Rooney booed at Utd 2013 title parade by Utd fans ffs
Michael Owen booed on Anfield return
Michael Owen booed on his return to Newcastle
William Gallas booed by Chelsea fans
Gotze booed by Dortmund fans despite their class

These are just the ones off the top of my head. Football fans are bitter bunch, pretty silly to isolate it to only Arsenal fans.

lol just lol

[video="youtube;JYSceqJoD4M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYSceqJoD4M[/video]

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Whether he celebrates or not is of no importance, in playing for Chelsea/Mourinho he has shown himself to be about as much of an Arsenal man as Glen Hoddle. Let the **** go and celebrate in front of their scum fans, he has nothing to do with us.

If I was there I'd give the **** dogs abuse. I expect most will feel the same. I do hope one of our players snaps his ankle into a million pieces though.

We know a good man when we see one. Your Henry or your Bergkamp gets a statue, but when one little toerag runs off to play for the rentboys, he gets abuse. We have to hold our players to certain standards after all.

It is quite amusing though since Cesc probably genuinely still thinks he's in with the Arsenal fans.

Wonder how Cesc will feel when Mourinho tells him that Wenger is a ****, or whatever inane pep talk he'll give him pre match. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

I do hope one of our players snaps his ankle into a million pieces though.

Such class
Original post by Juan Mata
Such class

eh, at least I admit it. Most fans feel just the same. I'd see every player in the Chelsea squad in a wheelchair if that meant another point for the Arsenal. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1077
I'd feel embarrassed for your lot if Fabregas got booed.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Fab, I'm praying to God he doesn't get booed when he comes. Worst case scenario would be if all the fans there had Zurich's attitude toward him. :closedeyes:

Original post by trrr

Thank you.

I swear I'll just hang my head in shame.
Original post by trrr

Do you think Chelsea fans are in a position to judge anyone? :rolleyes:

Of course he'll get booed, not as bad as Cashley/RVP did but close to Nasri. Personally I'm more of a fan of vicious songs than generic booing, Cesc probably wont want to move too close to the corner flag. Would love it if he came over to do some pathetic little clap to the away fans only to receive a barrage of hate in return. :laugh:

Hopefully after the game Cesc will drop all the ''still love Arsenal'' stuff and evolve into the pure Chelsea chav he needs to be.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest