Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere will be with us for a good while I imagine. I can't see anyone better than us coming in for him. He can barely get in our first 11 when all players are fit. Dare I say it, but I genuinely think he cares about the club. Unlike RVP and Fabregas, he was with us from a very young age. He sells the image of 'Mr Arsenal', but I do think there is some substance it. His form has improved the last month or so, hopefully it will continue. Particularly today!

A win would be absolutely huge today. I think a draw is the best we can hope for though. Wenger and Arsenal just cannot do it against Mourinho's Chelsea it seems. I hope to be proved wrong. I just hope we put in a strong, positive performance similar to the Man City game. We really need to show that we can compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City and not getting battered today will help that.

COYG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Tbf quite frank I'd take a 4-0 loss right now.

I still can't make my mind up on Cesc - I wouldn't boo him, yet would't feel too bad if he went off injured.
    I hope you're trolling...what kind of an Arsenal fan are you if you'd take a 4-0 loss? That's as bad as the 6-0 loss. A 2-1 loss would at least be a respectable scoreline. I remember when Chelsea were about to face Barcelona in the semi-finals of the CL, I wasn't as pessimistic as you are being right now.

ReputationRep:
    Not helped when *****sh fans and the Daily Mail keep criticisng him. When we won the FA Cup their headline on the website was - Arsenal end trophy drought but Ozil fails to turn up. Similar headlines in the World Cup. There was one article where they criticised him for being on holiday while others were in preseason training ffs.

Anyway I'd take a 3-0 loss now. We could be on negative goal difference. We're getting thrashed.
    Yep the English Media are quite pathetic tbh. Özil gets unesscary hate. If he doesn't extend his contract a big reason will be because the s*** media and football fans who know nothing. I have no prediction for this game. I'm sooo nervous but Arsenal love to surprise us....in a good way and bad way lol Praying for a win tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVortex)
    A win would be absolutely huge today. I think a draw is the best we can hope for though. Wenger and Arsenal just cannot do it against Mourinho's Chelsea it seems. I hope to be proved wrong. I just hope we put in a strong, positive performance similar to the Man City game. We really need to show that we can compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City and not getting battered today will help that.

COYG!
    A draw at home against Man City was the same result you got last year, so Arsenal haven't really improved. It's the big games away that they get thrashed in, they need to work on that.

ReputationRep:
    It's chelsea at SB, so you have to expect it's going to be difficult. I'm never happy with a loss but chelsea at SB is one time you at least aren't surprised about it happening. It's our effort and performance that's important to me.

ReputationRep:
    Wilsh will stay with us for a longgggg time lol. Quote me if you want. He is like the new Tony Adams. Every non Arsenal fan seems to hate him too anyway loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    A draw at home against Man City was the same result you got last year, so Arsenal haven't really improved. It's the big games away that they get thrashed in, they need to work on that.
    I didn't say it was. Fact is, is was a positive performance and we were good and really could had won. Hence why I'm hoping we put in a similar performance here. You can't say we 'really haven't improved' in the big games. There is really no evidence to say so.

Might be in a few hours time, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVortex)
    I didn't say it was. Fact is, is was a positive performance and we were good and really could had won. Hence why I'm hoping we put in a similar performance here. You can't say we 'really haven't improved' in the big games. There is really no evidence to say so.

Might be in a few hours time, mind.
    Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal???

ReputationRep:
    Yes but we actually played well in this seasons game vs man city. There was a huge difference in the quality of play from last ssn. The final result doesn't replicate the game but ofc if matters the most

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal???
    Man City, Real Madrid x2, Bayern and a number of other good teams have been beaten rather comfortably in the last couple of seasons away to Dortmund, which highlights just how good our win there last season was when Real Madrid were slaughtered 4-1 a few months before that game. Although it was a poor performance, I wouldn't say it was anything out of the ordinary and we suffered a similar fate to a lot of teams around Europe that face Dortmund away.

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal???
    After we beat them 1-0 last season? Contradicting your own logic from your post below

Comparing the results in the CL with the league is silly tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    After we beat them 1-0 last season? Contradicting your own logic from your post below

Comparing the results in the CL with the league is silly tbh.
    No, what I'm trying to show is that Arsenal can still get thrashed, it depends whether they show up like they did against Dortmund last season, or whether they switch off like at Anfield and Stamford Bridge last season, and Dortmund this season.

ReputationRep:
    A loss is a loss, whether it be 1-0, 6-0 or 6-5. So even if Arsenal weren't humiliated at the big away games but didn't take any points from those games, we'd still be saying the same things about them

ReputationRep:
    No, what I'm trying to show is that Arsenal can still get thrashed, it depends whether they show up like they did against Dortmund last season, or whether they switch off like at Anfield and Stamford Bridge last season, and Dortmund this season.
    Losing 2-0 away to Dortmund doesn't mean we 'can still get thrashed.' Dortmund have beaten most teams around Europe that have visited them; some rather comfortably. Although I, and everyone Arsenal fan watching that would had been annoyed due to the performance and considering we amazingly won there last year, there was absolutely no shame and it isn't anything out of the ordinary for a quality club to lose at Dortmund.

Also, we didn't even play that well against Dortmund. We were defensively sound and managed to win on the counter. I wouldn't say if we turned up like we did in that game it means we'll be successful against Chelsea, so I don't know why you use that as an example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Had to quote you in here to avoid derailing the other thread lmao, yeah mate I'll tell you what, I'm firstly scared about the team and formation Arsene will put out then I'm scared about the amounts we concede. I swear everytime a blues goal goes in I'll die a little bit inside.

:lol: you've been on a bit of a roll since that infamous 'where they at doe' post on the United thread.
    I'm quite hopeful, and even if we do lose, I don't think it will be by much.

Chelsea 3 (Oscar, Costa x2) - Arsenal 2 (Sanchez, Welbeck) or 3-1 with only Dat Guy scoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I'm quite hopeful, and even if we do lose, I don't think it will be by much.

Chelsea 3 (Oscar, Costa x2) - Arsenal 2 (Sanchez, Welbeck) or 3-1 with only Dat Guy scoring.
    LOL, Chelsea aren't conceding two goals against a top 4 side.

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla on the left..

Just give them the three points before kickoff Arsene why don't you?

FFS

ReputationRep:
    Tbf quite frank I'd take a 4-0 loss right now.
    that's absolutely pathetic

ReputationRep:
    They just about beat Sporting during the week, and Arsenal have confidence. They might. They conceded 2 to Swansea, and 3 to Everton.

ReputationRep:
    Conceded three at Everton? Not much different...

(I agree with you though)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.