Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVortex)
    Losing 2-0 away to Dortmund doesn't mean we 'can still get thrashed.' Dortmund have beaten most teams around Europe that have visited them; some rather comfortably. Although I, and everyone Arsenal fan watching that would had been annoyed due to the performance and considering we amazingly won there last year, there was absolutely no shame and it isn't anything out of the ordinary for a quality club to lose at Dortmund.

Also, we didn't even play that well against Dortmund. We were defensively sound and managed to win on the counter. I wouldn't say if we turned up like we did in that game it means we'll be successful against Chelsea, so I don't know why you use that as an example.
    The amount of chances Dortmund had to put the game away to 4-0 or 5-0, the scoreline didn't do justice regarding Dortmund's dominance during the match. If Dortmund were clinical that night, Arsenal would have been thrashed.

As for last season's game, yes Arsenal pretty much defended all game, but why is that a bad thing? In fact, that's the best way to defeat Chelsea, because if Chelsea have two banks of four, it's difficult to penetrate our defence.

ReputationRep:
    I expect Santi to have one of his famous big match performances today...

Midget will bottle it as soon as the going gets tough FFS, why no Ox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    They just about beat Sporting during the week, and Arsenal have confidence. They might. They conceded 2 to Swansea, and 3 to Everton.
    ''just about''??? Did you even watch the game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I expect Santi to have one of his famous big match performances today...

Midget will bottle it as soon as the going gets tough FFS, why no Ox?
    Exactly my thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    1-0 is "just about" no matter how much you dominated

ReputationRep:
    Matic + Fabregas . Destroyer and creator combination. We're toast in CM.

ReputationRep:
    If Costa's hamstring is gonna go surely it'll be in todays game or the international game? 5 games in just over a week...

ReputationRep:
    1-0 is just about. All it would have taken is a lucky penalty or fluky deflection and Sporting would have drawn. Possession is not a sign of dominance, as seen by Arsenal having 60+% every game, and drawing most games, or Villa having low possession and winning (e.g. against Liverpool).

ReputationRep:
    We're gonna be below United after today...ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juan Mata)
    1-0 is "just about" no matter how much you dominated
    No that really isn't true...''just about'' suggests we scraped it, when in fact, it was closer to 0-4 or 0-5

ReputationRep:
    1-0 is just about. All it would have taken is a lucky penalty or fluky deflection and Sporting would have drawn. Possession is not a sign of dominance, as seen by Arsenal having 60+% every game, and drawing most games, or Villa having low possession and winning (e.g. against Liverpool).
    I never said anything about possession, we created so many more chances. We had three 1v1 chances, and a chance for Schurrle that he really should have scored. The keeper just had one of those days...it wasn't a scraped victory at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    We're gonna be below United after today...ffs
    Take into account who we've played and who they have though, but our start to the season has been terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never said anything about possession, we created so many more chances. We had three 1v1 chances, and a chance for Schurrle that he really should have scored.
    Well you didn't convert them, so not really a point in your favour. 1-0 is 'only just', whether you like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla gets so much criticism, didn't he score in the FA Cup final?

ReputationRep:
    Well you didn't convert them, so not really a point in your favour. 1-0 is 'only just', whether you like it or not.
    No it really isn't, whether you like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    No that really isn't true...''just about'' suggests we scraped it, when in fact, it was closer to 0-4 or 0-5
    A flukey goal for Sporting and it's a draw, so you just about won. How is it closer to 4 or 5 lol

ReputationRep:
    No it really isn't, whether you like it or not.
    If you say so. Not biased at all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juan Mata)
    A flukey goal for Sporting and it's a draw, so you just about won. How is it closer to 4 or 5 lol
    Because we had three 1v1 chances and a clear Schurrle chance...they were a lot more closer than a 'flukey goal' going in from Sporting, we were comfortable throughout the game. It wasn't scraped at all. I could also say the same thing with Chelsea, that they could have scored a 'flukey goal' and it's suddenly 2-0 and it's a comfortable game. It was a comfortable win, regardless of the scoreline. The scoreline seriously flattered Sporting lol

ReputationRep:
    We are getting destroyed by Souness and Neville on sky. Time to grind out a result.

I don't know how we're gonna do it, but we ****ing better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoled)
    Cazorla gets so much criticism, didn't he score in the FA Cup final?
    He should be told just one thing today. Don't lose the ball. I am not too optimistic about his ability to track back.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.