Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    77 rated on Fifa doe:rolleyes:
    87 shot bruv.

ReputationRep:
    Chambers feeling himself a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    Genuinly if diaby can stay fit.. I would go into big games, so so so much more confident..

Wenger though, please buy another player like him, that wont break every time you take him out of the box

ReputationRep:
    oo damn, getting closer.

Think we will score, just still not sure on us keeping them out for another 20 odd minutes

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky and Poldi stay on the pitch when they've been the two poorest players ffs

ReputationRep:
    were just pushing and pushing.. 15 minutse to get the break through..

Kind of annoying not to have another experianced attackign player to bring on..

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky's been absolutely ****

ReputationRep:
    genuinly pissed by this performance..

Avoidable result, and being knocked out of a cup competition unnessasairily.. if wenger just played a bit of a stronger side, could be looking at enjoying a cup run, but being dumped out at home, will do nothing for our confidence going into a match with spurs..

If this does not changed, il be pretty pissed with wenger..

ReputationRep:
    rosiky and podolski showed why they are not starters today.. they both were awful.

most dissapointing result of the season so far for me.. the first game that I expected to win, only to loose, and then to get dumped out of a cup.

ReputationRep:
    pissed off.

Not learnt anything new about the players, and instead just thrown away a cup chance.

Weak all over.

dissapointed in wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    genuinly pissed by this performance..

Avoidable result, and being knocked out of a cup competition unnessasairily.. if wenger just played a bit of a stronger side, could be looking at enjoying a cup run, but being dumped out at home, will do nothing for our confidence going into a match with spurs..

If this does not changed, il be pretty pissed with wenger..
    I don't know why you're so emotional. Wenger always play kids in the league cup (rightly so) and they're up against a good Soton side. The league cup is meaningless anyway. This isn't going to affect their confidence for saturday because most of saturday's players weren't involved.

The only reason it's a shame is that it rules out future chances for the young players to get a competitive run out.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    pissed off.

Not learnt anything new about the players, and instead just thrown away a cup chance.

Weak all over.

dissapointed in wenger.
    Calm down, it's not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed in the players, just not enough created. the firepower should have been enough but we were unfortunate to concede a wonder goal and give away such a **** penalty.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Commiserations to the Arsenal supporters. You can't deny that shot from Clyne was a stunner though.

COYS!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I don't know why you're so emotional. Wenger always play kids in the league cup (rightly so) and they're up against a good Soton side. The league cup is meaningless anyway. This isn't going to affect their confidence for saturday because most of saturday's players weren't involved.

The only reason it's a shame is that it rules out future chances for the young players to get a competitive run out.
    I very strongly disagree that it is meaningless. so we are not going to agree on much else when it comes to tonight..

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Calm down, it's not that bad.
    its not that its really bad.. just pointless. nothing was achieved by setting out this way. all thats happens is the players have taken a confidence hit before playing in a big game this weekend..

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 people come out with BS like 'it's only the league cup' It's still a trophy. This and the FA cup were our only realistic shouts of a trophy. Rubbish performance and **** defending. Rosicky is passed it. Podolski should have been sold, and Wenger should have started a stronger team, even then, a loss at home is inexcusable.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I'm surprised I'm not even that upset about this result. You lose some and you win some, well done to Southampton. Anybody with common sense can see that they put out a full strength team and we gave a lot of our youngsters a run. It's the league cup. Yeah you may argue "our best chance of winning a cup" but too bad, we're out. We march on in the league, go as far as we can in the CL and try and defend the FA cup. I'd rather have taken a loss in the league cup than a loss to any side in the premier league tbh. We've seen some positives i. e- Sanchez's goal, Ospina's performance. Yes it's a cup chance gone but oh well. Why some people are getting over emotional I will never know.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are overreacting here. The League Cup is just a run out for our reserves and means next to nothing in terms of our season.

One thing that should be picked up on from today was Rosicky and Podolski's performances. Absolutely dire all game.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody cares about this cup. Wenger especially. What were you expecting? Did you see our back four tonight? That is not a team you put out to win an important competition.

ReputationRep:
    The league cup isn't meaningless to me. It's a cup we had a good chance of winning. I hate to lose any game.

Starting 11 looked good on paper but Rosicky and Poldi let down tonite. Disapoionted neither player took thier chance. Everybody else performed decently enough

Poor subs aswell. Poldi and rosicky should have gone off for santi and ox at the 55th.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.