Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What game release are you most looking forward to this winter? watch

ReputationRep:
    The Evil Within.

I'm not much of a horror player but sweet Jesus that game looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait.

Advanced Warfare, Far cry 4 (already come out I think but not got it yet so..), new Starwars one, Shadow of Mordor, new Resident Evil game has potential too although no gameplay released or anything so cautiously optimistic there
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    The Evil Within.

I'm not much of a horror player but sweet Jesus that game looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait.

Advanced Warfare, Far cry 4 (already come out I think but not got it yet so..), new Starwars one, Shadow of Mordor, new Resident Evil game has potential too although no gameplay released or anything so cautiously optimistic there
    comes out Nov 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Shadow of Mordor for me without a doubt! And you?
    I was excited being a huge lord of the rings fan but the gameplay looks kinda linear

ReputationRep:
    Definitely MH4G, especially since MH4 was kind of a let down

ReputationRep:
    Project Cars. Although its out the same week the MOT, tax and insurance is due up on my car so I'll likely end up waiting a while

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but there's a demo that can be downloaded from Game stores so I'll be able to play the demo next week

ReputationRep:
    GTA V for my PS4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Project Cars. Although its out the same week the MOT, tax and insurance is due up on my car so I'll likely end up waiting a while
    Luckily for you it's been delayed til March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Luckily for you it's been delayed til March.
    Any idea if NFS Rivals was any good? Seems to be the only driving game I've heard of on PS4 so far that hasn't had server problems (Driveclub, which I'm waiting for the gimped PS Plus version of anyway).
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I'm not looking forward to any game >

ReputationRep:
    Assassin's Creed Unity, Dying Light, and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Assassin's Creed Unity, Dying Light, and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
    Dying Light isn't coming out until January 2015. It looks good but... it's by Techland who I don't rate too highly. I suspect that The Evil Within will remain the better game.

I'm most looking forward to Sunset Overdrive for this year's releases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nogoodsorgods)
    Dying Light isn't coming out until January 2015. It looks good but... it's by Techland who I don't rate too highly. I suspect that The Evil Within will remain the better game.

I'm most looking forward to Sunset Overdrive for this year's releases.
    Fair enough, late Christmas present to myself then.

Sunset Overdrive looks absolutely rubbish..

ReputationRep:
    Sunset Overdrive looks more 'arcadey' than I'd hoped for so far. What was with the idea of having an initial trailer showing you going down a zipline from a huge skyscraper blasting enemies one on one with pinpoint accuracy like some great Jet Set Radio inspired game-- and then every video since shows you going around low scale buildings nuking hordes indiscriminately like some Dead Rising spin off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Any idea if NFS Rivals was any good? Seems to be the only driving game I've heard of on PS4 so far that hasn't had server problems (Driveclub, which I'm waiting for the gimped PS Plus version of anyway).
    It's NFS, it'll be average at best. :sad:

I did like the recent Hot Pursuit, but that's it out of the last 10 or so NFS branded games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    It's a fun time killer, but won't keep you interested for weeks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.