Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey12)
    Lol!! You automatically just think of everything you should have said don't you!!

It was in queens, I shared info between universities though!!
    Are you on the 2 or 3 year course? How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 year course. I'm loving it but I was so overwhelmed last term, we had 6 assignments plus an exam to do!! This term we only have 3 modules which means we only have 3 assignments & 1 exam but time flies when your having fun haha!!

The course is hard & there is a lot of independent studying involved but its also really enjoyable .

When was your interview? I was briefly speaking with a girl last Friday who was waiting to go into her interview, not sure if it was anyone on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-j08)
    3 year course. I'm loving it but I was so overwhelmed last term, we had 6 assignments plus an exam to do!! This term we only have 3 modules which means we only have 3 assignments & 1 exam but time flys when your having fun haha!!

The course is hard & there is alot of independant studing involved but its also really enjoyable.

When was your interview? I was briefly speaking with a girl last Friday who was waiting to go into her interview, not sure if it was anyone on this thread?
    First semester can be overwhelming you're just thrown in the deep end of things, I think so anyway lol I'm in final year of sociology & social policy.. Only a few more months to go it's pretty scary! lol
    My interview was only yesterday.. It may have been someone else on this thread Did you use a thread last year to talk to other people applying as well? I think it's a great help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey12)
    First semester can be overwhelming you're just thrown in the deep end of things, I think so anyway lol I'm in final year of sociology & social policy.. Only a few more months to go it's pretty scary! lol
    My interview was only yesterday.. It may have been someone else on this thread Did you use a thread last year to talk to other people applying as well? I think it's a great help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fantastic as that is such a relevant degree. I'm actually in the middle of doing a sociology assignment on social exclusion :confused:. Our modules this term are sociology, social policy & psychology so fingers crossed you get in:cool:. I take it your applying for the 2 year route?

Yes, I used it last year and it really did help me understand that no news is good news!! Have you exams coming up soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-j08)
    That's fantastic as that is such a relevant degree. I'm actually in the middle of doing a sociology assignment on social exclusion :confused:. Our modules this term are sociology, social policy & psychology so fingers crossed you get in:cool:. I take it your applying for the 2 year route?

Yes, I used it last year and it really did help me understand that no news is good news!! Have you exams coming up soon?
    Oh what your module called? If you need books or anything I have a good few I've kept! thanks fingers crossed Yes applying for the 2 year and 3 year routes.

I have no exams this semester..all assignments, not sure how to feel about no exams really as sometimes they're good to pull up your mark! Doing a policy briefing paper this semester. Interesting but hard work too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ash-J08 Thank you for your comment, I came out of mine kicking myself:L But Its over and done with now!

ReputationRep:
    I graduated from Social Policy and Sociology last summer. Hoping it's given a decent base for social work

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got their interview tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Hi waveydavey don't have my interview until Tuesday, good luck for your interview let us know how you get on.........

ReputationRep:
    Good luck wavey davey!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck wavey davey!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    Anybody got their interview tomorrow?
    How did you get on wavey davey?

ReputationRep:
    Got on ok!! Interviewers were lovely, nothing to worry about its very informal and relaxed. Enjoy your weekend xx xxx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if all invites interviews have been dispatched? I have not heard anything on ucas and sent 600 word in 3 weeks ago. I am not confident for this time round but would like to know if I am even in the running for and interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrspie)
    Does anyone know if all invites interviews have been dispatched? I have not heard anything on ucas and sent 600 word in 3 weeks ago. I am not confident for this time round but would like to know if I am even in the running for and interview.
    Hi mrspie I don't think all the interviews have been given,they are still processing applications and interviews are on til April. Have you checked ucas track? I would assume if it was a rejection it would say on there!! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah been stalking my inbox and ucas like a creep. I am guessing no news is good news For now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I waited about two weeks for mine there still in the process interviews are still being handed out so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Guys im confused what does sharing your information mean, does it mean that if you don't do good in the queens one, magee rejects you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran10)
    Guys im confused what does sharing your information mean, does it mean that if you don't do good in the queens one, magee rejects you?
    It means you only do one interview for all courses you have applied to...if you choose not to share you will interview at both queens and Magee. You need to score at least 30/60 to be considered by either uni. So I guess if you share and get less than 30 you are out of the running for both uni's

ReputationRep:
    How did people get on today?

ReputationRep:
    Hi nicoh I have my interview tomorrow and I'm so nervous, my mind is on information overload at the minute...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.