Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Yeah i also got my second statement from queens today , and offer from magee to share, so I am just gonna fire ahead and go for it!

Second time around fingers crossed:L

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm going to share too..... I've enough on my plate without two interviews etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimearquinn3)
    hello I also got that letter as well! does that mean that you have got through the ucas application?
    Yes Now you just have to get through that to get an interview, and then your final offer if you pass that

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for sure, but it's usually a good sign I would reckon, as they are asking to share info, instead of giving you a decline! Fingers crossed When did you send your ucas?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off bit before christmas, but I reckon you will hear back pretty quickly! Good sign I think you've got the letter about sharing info

I applied a few years ago, and missed out by a mark in the interview, so I am a bit less nervous as I know whats going on bit better..but even more nervous if I don't make it again >

Are you applying for the 3 years undergrad route?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimearquinn3)
    Here's hoping!
    No way really at least you know what to expect and stuff! I get so nervous when it comes to interviews and hate being put on the spot! Apparently they give you a scenario question which im dreading..
    But it will be so worth if you get in
    And yes I am! How about you?
    Do you know much people applying, appearently the course is so demanding but I don't know anyone applying in my year..
    Yeah its kinda like what they'll ask you in the second personal statement. I havent been home to read what the question is, what does it say?

In my interview, I had something like, tell us about a time you helped someone:L So they can either be pretty broad so you have chance to bring in whatever experience you want!

Aww don't worry I was ****ting it! I think thats what mucked me up, as I wasn't worried about my Stranmillis interview and got a place there instead haha.

I'm applying for the 3 year as well as 2 year, I would prefer the 2 year graduate as I have already done 3 years at stran and I think another 3 years at uni may wreck me haha, but whatever I get I'll have to be happy

I'd read up on possible questions like a time you were in a conflict situation and how you resolved it, time you make a mistake and resolved it, areas of mental health, and different areas like say you had to represent someone convicted of sex offences etc....My careers teacher says that if you read up on all the general topics and questions thats great, but also be prepared for them to throw some random topics at you!

If you just start reading up loads on topics, hopefully you'll be less nervous

My best friend did the UU course, and yeah its tough, and you have to be on top of work but if you're organised and keep trying you'll be ok. S

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, so glad I found this thread! I'm applying for both the 2&3 year courses. How did everyone find their personal statements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey12)
    Hey everyone, so glad I found this thread! I'm applying for both the 2&3 year courses. How did everyone find their personal statements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey

Do you mean the extended personal statement or the original one on ucas?

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry for confusion. I meant the original ucas statement. I only submitted my ucas application last week. I found it difficult to condense it all. How did you find the 600 word statement as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey12)
    Oh sorry for confusion. I meant the original ucas statement. I only submitted my ucas application last week. I found it difficult to condense it all. How did you find the 600 word statement as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is hard to condense it especially as you have to cram in so much!

But its worth just cramming it all in, cause the second statement gives you the 3 questions which makes it a lot more straightforward :L

Starting my second statement tomorrow ee!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have also applied for BSW Honours Social Work at QUB and UU. I have a first class honours degree already but it was not in a relevant field so I'm applying for the 3 year course. Only submitted my application a day ago as I work overseas. Getting nervous now as I know how oversubscribed the course is. The personal statement was tricky, I read the info as 4000 'words' not 'characters' so you can imagine the amount of pruning I had to do!

Best of luck in all your applications.

ReputationRep:
    Have been asked to do 2nd essay for queens and uu. Anyone know what they are looking for specifically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyshea)
    Have been asked to do 2nd essay for queens and uu. Anyone know what they are looking for specifically.
    For your first question pick an area within social worker and talk about their role etc think letter says. Best if you pick something you are interested in or want to do in the future as you can then link it in if they ask you about area of interest in the interview

Also they look at how well you write essays and how you structure and get your points across , good spelling and grammar etc!

ReputationRep:
    Mine were.

What is the role of a social worker. Give example of one user group. Eg children,elderly

What is your understanding of social work training

What experiences have you had that has led u to social work.

600 words

I'm paraphrasing. But basically that's what they were.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it hard to get in the right amount of information especially for the 1st question, as they do so much its hard to fit it in to approx 200 words grr! good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just so they can marry the information with ur pers state on U AS to get a better picture.

I picked up on points I didn't mention in my personal state. To give a bigger picture of what I knew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for social policy as a backup. But think it will b a long route to social work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know when the interviews are to be held?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyshea)
    I got accepted for social policy as a backup. But think it will b a long route to social work

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What age are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 37 years young x

ReputationRep:
    I think the interviews can be held any time between feb and april

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.