Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys well done on getting this far i have my interview on the 27th and am soo nervous i have applied for the 2yr and 3yr in Queens.

ReputationRep:
    Hi khutchinson congrats and goodluck for your interview, I had mine at queens and the interviewers were lovely. Just follow the guidelines they sent out and you will be ok. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Bernie..

ReputationRep:
    thanks bernie i will xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    Lol nicoh I was just about to post the same lol..

It does waveydavey

Bernie x
    Bernie what stage did you get to last year?x

ReputationRep:
    I am so fed up waiting haha! My lease is up on my house this august, and I wish I knew what was happening so I could make some plans but awww well!

ReputationRep:
    Hi nicoh it was a couple years ago, I got to interview stage last time but was rejected week after inter. last time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi mmq I know the waiting is awlful, we have another 6 weeks at least to wait lol

ReputationRep:
    mmq i know how you feel my lease ends in july and just want to know x

ReputationRep:
    6 weeks I'll be stressing so much ahah! all my friends are sorting their houses as they know whats happening, so I am currently temporary homeless for next year haha aw well will get something sorted last minute whenever I find out whats happening with this business
    khutchinson, dont't worry too much about your interview honestly, they were all so nice to everyone we have spoken to this year, just know your yellow sheet, your experience, and think about different groups of people you would work with in social work, there will be nothing too hard!

ReputationRep:
    Ano me to mmq lol just wish they would tell us sooner but I guess they need to wait until all interviews are over plus they close from 3 to 10th April for easter. Would you stay in halls at queens?

Bernie

ReputationRep:
    thanks my problem is i have all these ideas in my head of what to say but it doesnt come out that clear.And i massively suffer with panic attacks and anxiety but im having mock interviews with friends to try and tackle it.Thanks for all the help and support hope we all get a place on the course xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi khutchinson mock interviews sound like a really good idea, all I can say is take a few deep breaths if you feel your getting paniky, and if you need them to repeat any questions its OK to do that, I asked them to repeat a question for me, you will be okay we are all behind you and rooting for you.

Bernie...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bernie the last time i interviewed for it was three years ago and i stumbled on the scenario question and i waffled a bit but i think they are looking for a specific answer so im gonna prepare and do my research this time xx

ReputationRep:
    how long has it been since you guys had your interview? if its more than two weeks id say yous have a really good chance of being accepted

ReputationRep:
    Mine was 3rd march so 15/16 days ago...

ReputationRep:
    sounds really good guys fingers crossed for you xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks khutchinson fingers crossed for us all eh, I really hope we all do well...

Bernie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khutchinson06)
    Thanks bernie the last time i interviewed for it was three years ago and i stumbled on the scenario question and i waffled a bit but i think they are looking for a specific answer so im gonna prepare and do my research this time xx
    Id say we all did a fair amount of waffling!!haha they understand people are nervous and take that into account when scoring x

ReputationRep:
    thanks i really want a place and im gonna keep applying if i get rejected

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand but they totally give you some space for nerves they understand how stressful it can be! I was waving my hands around like an idiot and saying "ye know" non stop ( i always do that when I'm nervous). Also you can almost think out loud, you dont have to have a perfect answer prepared always.. if you can explain your thoughts and consider different points of view thats basically an answer and skills they are looking for! so dont be worried about everything sounding perfect!

Bernie, I would consider it but I would maybe feel odd if everyone was freshers haha, i know im only 20 like but its definitely an option! I think I could have fun being in first year again haha but getting a place on this course would mean a lot of work again so who knows x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.