Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That makes me feel better thank you i say ye know alot as well lol.Have you guys just applied for queens or anywhere else xx

ReputationRep:
    Lol mmq you are just a baby lol I'm 32 and feel so old lol x

ReputationRep:
    Ive just applied to queens

ReputationRep:
    I know some people on the course ages range from 18 right up till late forties so dont be worrying were not old xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    Id say we all did a fair amount of waffling!!haha they understand people are nervous and take that into account when scoring x
    I'd say your rite nicho, I think I waffled a bit myself lol

ReputationRep:
    Hahah 32 is hardly old come on now!! 21 in a few weeks haha. khutchinson honestly just be yourself also, i applied straight out of school a few years ago and was soo worried about all my answerrs sounding perfect but this time round, i know they didnt sound perfect but i was more relaxed even though i waffled on, but just keep talking until you have explained all you want to say. You don't have to stop if you say something which maybe comes out wrong, just get your point across and you will feel relaxed, even if its not in the "perfect answer" sort of way!

i applied for both the two year and 3 year, but ideally it would be the 2 year at queens my top choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khutchinson06)
    I know some people on the course ages range from 18 right up till late forties so dont be worrying were not old xx
    Thanks khutchinson makes me feel better lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Hahah 32 is hardly old come on now!! 21 in a few weeks haha. khutchinson honestly just be yourself also, i applied straight out of school a few years ago and was soo worried about all my answerrs sounding perfect but this time round, i know they didnt sound perfect but i was more relaxed even though i waffled on, but just keep talking until you have explained all you want to say. You don't have to stop if you say something which maybe comes out wrong, just get your point across and you will feel relaxed, even if its not in the "perfect answer" sort of way!

i applied for both the two year and 3 year, but ideally it would be the 2 year at queens my top choice!
    Lol mmq my kiddies say I'm ancient lol, I was more relaxed this time around also, I even said at the end, just as they were about to tell me what happens next, can I add something as I didn't get to say it, then I waffled on lol

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much mmq i will try my best i have looked over my personal statement, NISCC codes of practise and community.org so will mention all that plus my own experiences and preference in working with service user groups. i still have a week so i should be fine im so glad i found this thread yous are so lovely and helpful really hope yous get a place xxxx

ReputationRep:
    hope im brave enough to do that if i need to xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much mmq i will try my best i have looked over my personal statement, NISCC codes of practise and community.org so will mention all that plus my own experiences and preference in working with service user groups. i still have a week so i should be fine im so glad i found this thread yous are so lovely and helpful really hope yous get a place xxxx
    Awk thankyou your lovely to, I know you will do well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    Awk thankyou your lovely to, I know you will do well..
    thanks we all will xxx

ReputationRep:
    hope im brave enough to do that if i need to xx
    You will be brave, to be honest I couldn't believe I even said it but I knew if I didnt mention what I did, I would have kicked myself afterwards, I didn't think I just said it and they are like no that's fine, then when I stopped talking they were like now you sure you don't want to add anything else, I was like no its fine lol....

ReputationRep:
    thanks we all will xxx
    I absolutely agree with ya..

ReputationRep:
    well done you for getting it in. Your right if youd walked away you would have kicked yourself for not saying it as theres so much competition for places it makes all the difference xx

ReputationRep:
    The competition is fierce, this will be my second time applying and if I don't make it this year I will reapply again next year..

ReputationRep:
    same i will be gutted though if i dont make it. I feel more prepared this time xx

ReputationRep:
    same i will be gutted though if i dont make it. I feel more prepared this time xx
    Did you apply last year, let's just keep everything crossed, my friend applied three times before she eventually got a place at queens...but if social work is what you want to do, you will apply until you get a place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    Did you apply last year, let's just keep everything crossed, my friend applied three times before she eventually got a place at queens...but if social work is what you want to do, you will apply until you get a place...
    this is my second time im in the final year of my sociology and social policy degree. I will keep applying but hope o dont have to

ReputationRep:
    Same here, keep positive.. Were are you studying at the minute...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.