Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Thats what I used fully to be honest! And made sure I had knowledge about all areas of social work. If you really just go into depth on everything on that sheet and read current issues etc you will be grand!!
    see the areas im interested in are protecting children from risk and mental health and i focused on those in my personal statement would that be ok xx

ReputationRep:
    Its good to have indepth info for which you can use but you are best to read around all social work areas as they could base your questions on any area! So I'd recommend knowing some info or reading about all groups etc! Just think about different situations, different groups needs etc!

ReputationRep:
    will do thanks i feel better now xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Thats what I used fully to be honest! And made sure I had knowledge about all areas of social work. If you really just go into depth on everything on that sheet and read current issues etc you will be grand!!
    Does everyone not get asked the same questions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I think they give people some similar some dif, and mix up differerent case scenarios so people can't share info that sort of thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    I'm not sure I think they give people some similar some dif, and mix up differerent case scenarios so people can't share info that sort of thing??
    No,zone everyone got the same questions!! Did u guys ask a question at the end?

ReputationRep:
    ah ok il just go by the guidance sheet and look up some current issues

ReputationRep:
    i might but dont know what to ask

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many applicants there was this year for social work in queens and magee? Last time I was at Queens they said there was only 8 school leavers places avalible while the other places went to postgrads or people who have studied atleast 2 years of another course. I'm a school leaver and was just wondering if anyone knew roughly maybe how many other applicants there was or how many other school leaver applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheltwells)
    Does anyone know how many applicants there was this year for social work in queens and magee? Last time I was at Queens they said there was only 8 school leavers places avalible while the other places went to postgrads or people who have studied atleast 2 years of another course. I'm a school leaver and was just wondering if anyone knew roughly maybe how many other applicants there was or how many other school leaver applicants
    hi rachel there are 42 places on the 2 yr and 80 on the 3yr last year there were over 2000 applications so its really competitive all i can advise is prepare well in advance for your interview. Good luck were all rooting for you let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    im pretty certain they dont have places just assigned for school leavers! its just whoever gets the places not dependent on school leaving age or not.

ReputationRep:
    thanks khutchinson06! I've had my interview a few weeks past and it was something I had meant to ask but asked some thing different lol , mmq02, i thought they wouldnt do it like that but the last time I was at Queens enquiring about the course i was told its very competitive especially for school leavers because of the limited places. I know a social work grad who graduated maybe 2 years ago and she said her year was the first year to introduce school leavers as before that you needed to be atleast 21 before applying, I'm not sure if they do stick to the assigned spots but thats what one of the lecturers had told me

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah its open to whoever applies but for the two year you need to have a degree

ReputationRep:
    well done on your interview by the way xxx

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't be able to descriminate on grounds of age, think it comes down to experience and qualifications and how you do at interview....

Bernie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheltwells)
    thanks khutchinson06! I've had my interview a few weeks past and it was something I had meant to ask but asked some thing different lol , mmq02, i thought they wouldnt do it like that but the last time I was at Queens enquiring about the course i was told its very competitive especially for school leavers because of the limited places. I know a social work grad who graduated maybe 2 years ago and she said her year was the first year to introduce school leavers as before that you needed to be atleast 21 before applying, I'm not sure if they do stick to the assigned spots but thats what one of the lecturers had told me
    If u havnt heard back yet that's good news Rachel!! Do you mind me asking what experience you have? My sister in law is hoping to apply from school next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    If u havnt heard back yet that's good news Rachel!! Do you mind me asking what experience you have? My sister in law is hoping to apply from school next year
    tell her to get out now and start volunteering! I completed a few volunteering awards so that was pretty helpful and I mainly volunteered with charities/volunteering organisations. If she is under 18 she wil be limited to where she can volunteer due to confidentuality which was a problem I faced but theres lots of other places she can volunteer; and if she's 18 tell her if she can to get intouch with organisations like the NSPCC or the Samaritians which will be great experience. If she's interested in working with kids/teens I'd suggest that she volunteer with youth groups/sporting clubs/school clubs things like that which will provide her with loads of experience of working with children and other professionals and if she wants to work with the elderly, care homes are great experience. Aslong as she has a variety of volunteering (even if it's small) under her belt she'll be fine. I really worried about it as when I applied I felt I was lacking experience but from my volunteering I had gained alot more than I thought

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys had my interview yesterday wish I would have said more! So disappointed in myself, what is the 10 day waiting thing about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran10)
    Hey guys had my interview yesterday wish I would have said more! So disappointed in myself, what is the 10 day waiting thing about?
    Hi fran I'm sure u have done better than u think!! I came wishing I had of said other things too!! Apparently if you have failed the interview you will hear within 10 working days x

ReputationRep:
    It's literally so annoying! I am so determined to get in this year I just hope everything goes better than I expected, is that for sure? Countdown is on now then haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.