Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol snap eating is my fav to, always enjoy it better when its cooked for me. You just do your best at your exams because no matter what the sw outcome your grades will always stand by you, but keep positive eh..

Bernie...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Nicoh88, its a long while since I was at Queens so I wasn't sure if there was any parking around there now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anne12345)
    Hi everyone, I can see you are all patiently waiting for news - according to UCAS track the universities have until the 7th May to respond. Fingers crossed you all do well
    I have my interview next Tuesday in Queens; really nervous. Can I ask any of you where you might park in that area?
    The SW building is just by the holylands, so streets like college park avenue are just at the back entrance sorta of the sw building and its nice spot to park around there though getting spaces can be hard as its student area

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys hope everyone is doing well!

Had the head of social work in giving a class with me today and we are working with queens social work 1st year students for 3 group work sessions!

Made me so eager to ask him ahhaha!

All getting scary real now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Hey guys hope everyone is doing well!

Had the head of social work in giving a class with me today and we are working with queens social work 1st year students for 3 group work sessions!

Made me so eager to ask him ahhaha!

All getting scary real now
    No way!? Did you get speaking to him?

ReputationRep:
    Not about interviews as the class was really rushed and barely had any time...

in the class we are working to like practice a court case conference on a child protection case study working with the social work students and him...so its really good practice wish i had had it before the interview! We all have to have different roles like GP, nurse, addictions team etc, and act it out like it was real so its really interesting..

nearly died though, because my lecturer knew i had the interview, when he asked for volunteers , she was like, stick her down for head social worker role and put my name down and was like ha ha!....nearly died of embarrassment ahha but hopefully its a good sign of fate?? probably not ahha but im loooking forward to it anyway!:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Not about interviews as the class was really rushed and barely had any time...

in the class we are working to like practice a court case conference on a child protection case study working with the social work students and him...so its really good practice wish i had had it before the interview! We all have to have different roles like GP, nurse, addictions team etc, and act it out like it was real so its really interesting..

nearly died though, because my lecturer knew i had the interview, when he asked for volunteers , she was like, stick her down for head social worker role and put my name down and was like ha ha!....nearly died of embarrassment ahha but hopefully its a good sign of fate?? probably not ahha but im loooking forward to it anyway!:P
    That sounds so interesting! Great practice for September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omgg fngers crossed haha...im back with them after easter so if we havent heard anything maybe il get the confidence to ask then haha:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    The SW building is just by the holylands, so streets like college park avenue are just at the back entrance sorta of the sw building and its nice spot to park around there though getting spaces can be hard as its student area
    Oh thanks mmq02, thats a weight off my mind! Can focus now on getting ready for the interview, though if I read much more I think my head will burst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    3 weeks is loads of time to prepare you will be grand just follow the guidelines you were sent with the interview letter. Obviously I can't give any more info than that as we are all in competition with one another and to offer interview advice would be unfair to others but good luck xx
    I wouldnt say we are in competition as we all have different experiences and will give different responses so telling someone the questions isnt going to change that. Everyone is anxious and i would help anyone who asks for it as this forum is for support just saying x

ReputationRep:
    Your arnt meant to share the questions think thats why they are changing them slightly this year. Its putting others at a disadvantage ie people like me who had interviews early i didnt kno questions going in. This site is for support and you can support people without giving questions away, if you prepare for it and use guidelines you should be okay with anythimg, and to be honest with so many applying and so few places we are in competition with each other as we are competing for the places.

Bernie..

ReputationRep:
    what it really comes down to is how we present ourselves in the interview and we dont know hand questions from previous years are online. So they cant be that different i just meant if someone asks us for advice

ReputationRep:
    sorry cut myself off there just meant everyone has been nice and helpful and wish everyone the best. but dont want to discourage anyone asking for advice

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know what you mean, but if they had of.wanted people to know questions beforehand they would have sent us all a list of them. Yeah they are judging you on presentation nd also on how you respond under pressure.

if someone asks for advice just tell tjem to read over yellow sheet and re read per statement

Bernie.

ReputationRep:
    I agree guys, why should someone else know the questions when we didn't get that opportunity? If I had known the questions i could have prepared to actual say them so it is unfair if people no them, everyone else should be given the same chance to prepare for the interview

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from queens yet? Constantly checking my emails

ReputationRep:
    No not yet Fran...

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wanted to wish those doing interviews today, goodluck..

Bernie x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    Hi just wanted to wish those doing interviews today, goodluck..

Bernie x
    Hi Bernie I got an email this morning from ucas track to say there had been a change in my application....I felt physically sick and a bit sad so I clicked in but I forgot I'd also applied for sociology with quantitative methods and I've been unsuccessful for that choice!!

Phew!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Omg nicoh pheww indeed, im sure you near died.

Bernie x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.