Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny coll)
    Hi I have only started following this and wondered if anyone knew how many places there actually are in magee and in Queens?
    I did my interview a couple of wks ago for both universities and I'm beyond nervous thinking about it.. Walked away knowin I should of said this and that to each question and I just panicked on the day..
    Do any of u know also the type of score they'd b expecting us to get to make the top even anyone know from previous years?
    Hi Jenny for the 2 year course I think there are 40 places in each university and then the 3 year 65 I'm not certain though. I felt like that after my interview too.. Hoping no news is good news. I think to be offered a place someone said it was around 40/60. Have you applied for the 2&3 year courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i only applied for the two yr course, what about U? Did u have two interviews one with Queens an one with magee?
    does anyone know what way that works for places in each uni say for example someone shares their info with magee an just interviews in one university?will they jus take the top 80 no matter where they were interviewed?
    also do u know how many were taken to interview.? Sorry for all the questions I am just freaking out as I doubt I've scored much over 40 to b honest

ReputationRep:
    And also is it 40 out of 60 for two yr course to b myb offered a place r is that for three yr one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    I sent mine off bit before christmas, but I reckon you will hear back pretty quickly! Good sign I think you've got the letter about sharing info

I applied a few years ago, and missed out by a mark in the interview, so I am a bit less nervous as I know whats going on bit better..but even more nervous if I don't make it again >

Are you applying for the 3 years undergrad route?

Hi jus seen ur message here an u said u missed out by a mark in interview, jus out of curiosity what was the score u needed that way to get a place on course?
    I'm so so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i only applied for the two yr course, what about U? Did u have two interviews one with Queens an one with magee?
    does anyone know what way that works for places in each uni say for example someone shares their info with magee an just interviews in one university?will they jus take the top 80 no matter where they were interviewed?
    also do u know how many were taken to interview.? Sorry for all the questions I am just freaking out as I doubt I've scored much over 40 to b honest
    I've applied for the 2&3 courses. No just one. Yeah it doesn't matter where they're are interviewed each university makes their own individual choice on applicants. I'm not sure how many get to interview stage, maybe it changes it year? Don't be panicking I'm sure you have done your best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they have done much rejections yet??

ReputationRep:
    And does anyone know how many they interviewed??

ReputationRep:
    And also is it 40 out of 60 for two yr course to b myb offered a place r is that for three yr one?
    If I was you I would ring up queens and ask them 😄

ReputationRep:
    Did u apply for two r three yr course Gemma?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Jenny! think evryone was in same boat came out saying they could of said more but its such a good acheivement to make it to interview stage so be proud with that! I honestly cannot remember: what my score was, S was 3 years ago im sorry!

In terms of places etc, i think it says how many places are offered for each course, but you could ring up each university and ask them seperately?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jenny, I am sure you have done fine, relax and hopefully it won't be too long before we know.

ReputationRep:
    Yea that's true hopefully the next few wks fly in tho I am very nervous about the result of my Interview.
    I really didn't say lots on my experience except bringin it in the odd time where it fitted th questions an I never said which services user I preferred to work with at my interview. Did yous mention that a gd bit? I'm jus freaking out cz I dunno what scores I'd have achieved

ReputationRep:
    I only mentioned experience twice and I didn't say which group I preferred to work with. The interview was very general I think, not specific at all so don't worry. Even if you knew your score you don't know what everyone else got so you don't know how many are above or below you. There could be a very high-scoring group or low-scoring group this year - hard to know! Not feeling very confident myself but I can't do any more so I am going to try and forget about it if I can!

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today and left in tears. I messed it up nerves got the better of me. So upset. .

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview for Queens today too. What makes you think you messed up?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aidenchr)
    I only answered 2 of the ques properly and I froze most of the time. I felt the questions threw me off. What did u think

ReputationRep:
    I felt as though I could have said so much more. I don't know how I feel about it. I guess it had a lot to do with how you took the question. I was really nervous too. You probably just think that you never answered the questions properly.
    Was it a professor and a girl from the trust that interviewed you? I had mine at half ten.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably the same ones. I thought they were nice too. I mentioned that at the end. Can't even remember the end question or how I even brought it into it. Don't be worrying. We've done all we can now. It sounds like we prepared a lot for a interview and weren't able to show it. People understand you get nervous under an interview. Just let's hope we have did enough to get in. Have you applied for the 2 year course?

ReputationRep:
    I went back and asked. I hadn't mentioned a lot of things I wanted. But it's out of my hands now. So just have to wait. They told me that if you are unsuccessful you hear through ucas usually within ten days. And if you are successful it could be a while depending on how many they have interviewed etc plus results. I think if you don't hear anything. It's good news. No news is good news haha.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.