Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone, enjoying the weather? I hope... Not long now folks eh... The wait is nearly over....

Bernie x

ReputationRep:
    i wasn't sure to believe them either at that time, i just got the impression from the girl that i shouldnt waste my time applying for the course. I had it on March 2nd so ages ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    How is everyone, enjoying the weather? I hope... Not long now folks eh... The wait is nearly over....

Bernie x
    Is it the 7th may they tell people. ?

ReputationRep:
    Going from previous years uu seem to tell people around the 23rd April and queens can be anytime from 30th April till the 7th may xx

ReputationRep:
    I rang uu a few wks ago and they told Me they were interviewing right up until the end of April so I reckon Itl b more towards may when we all hear. fingers crossed for all of us x

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing? Anyone have any news from UU yet? No news here, still hoping no news is good news lol

ReputationRep:
    No news yet but still thinking il hear on monday as they've been off all week but fingers crossed! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea33)
    Hi guys, just came across this site which is great I had my interview last Wednesday an it didn't go as planned. Didn't get to mention any of my experiences or link in theory, so disappointed with myself ...I know a few people who got rejected two days after interview, however because mine was so close to easter I'm thinking I could be rejected on Monday. .what do you all think?

Do not worry! like everyone else has said, we totally understand how you feel! I prepared so much and came out so frustrated that I hadn't said the majority of it! but they will assess you due to your questoins and they will lookat your personal statements etc and take everything into consideration.
    Think it's hard for us all, as we feel we have so much to proove! But even if we don't get offers, that doesn't meet social work isn't for us!

But do not worry as I was in same boat as you and my interview was feb. I'm not saying that's me safe but try and be positive as you did well to get to the interview

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't know whether the 8 place is a set thing, or just maybe a rough estimate of how many school leavers they take on each year approx maybe?

I got a place on the reserve list when i was straight from school, and my friend got a place and I know a fair few people who got places straight out of school.

I think though what everyone here has said it right in a way, nobody is saying that if you are younger etc you don't have the right skills or personality or experience as so many people do at a younger age! But I just think sometimes they take people into the course who are older as they feel maybe they will be able to cope with the demands emotionally and physically etc of the course!

Now I know that doesn't sound fair etc, as that can be done by people of any age but its what they told me before, that they want to make sure that whoever they pick is kinda emotionally ready etc to deal with what they face...again i know how frustrating it can be if you are ready....but sadly all our fates are in their hands, regardless of how fab we all are on this wee forum;D

ReputationRep:
    holy crap i started this thread and thought no one was writing on it!!! damn you student room im so ragin could have used the support hope everyones nerves arent too bad!

ReputationRep:
    Ive read a couple of pages there and i think everyone has a good chance of getting in. I had my interview in feb and i can say i came out of that interview feeling like a complete failure! but looking back on it now it probably wasnt as bad as i thought. stay hopeful everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea33)
    Hi guys, just came across this site which is great I had my interview last Wednesday an it didn't go as planned. Didn't get to mention any of my experiences or link in theory, so disappointed with myself ...I know a few people who got rejected two days after interview, however because mine was so close to easter I'm thinking I could be rejected on Monday. .what do you all think?
    Hi andrea, im in the same boat as you, reading all these responses has made me feel so much better because I had my interview in feb and I had planned to say so much, Id read media stayed up and watched that kids leaving care thing the night before! and none of it came up! id read the books and all and i couldnt get that out! its so frustrating and youre probably so used to preparing for the statements and that 10 minute interview when its over theres nothing else you can do but wait and for me that felt WEIRD! as they say no news is good news and also in this case misery loves company lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annad93)
    Ive read a couple of pages there and i think everyone has a good chance of getting in. I had my interview in feb and i can say i came out of that interview feeling like a complete failure! but looking back on it now it probably wasnt as bad as i thought. stay hopeful everyone
    Anna I was wondering why you had started the thread but weren't using it lol I get an email every time there's a new message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    Anna I was wondering why you had started the thread but weren't using it lol I get an email every time there's a new message
    haha i was never getting emails which is annoying, i kept checking and no one was writing so ive spent from feb stalking the forums from 2012, 13 and 14 haha its all getting very nerve wrecking atm because i was reading 2012 and 2013 and their offers came out around 23rd and 25th

ReputationRep:
    haha i was never getting emails which is annoying, i kept checking and no one was writing so ive spent from feb stalking the forums from 2012, 13 and 14 haha its all getting very nerve wrecking atm because i was reading 2012 and 2013 and their offers came out around 23rd and 25th
    Where have u applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    Where have u applied for?
    Ive applied for queens and magee 2 year and 3 year and bmc 3 year wby?

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for queens and magee 2 year and 3 year and bmc 3 year wby?
    Hi Anna,
    I was wondering where you went to! I had my interview in February and have applied for the exact same choices as you. That's a shame that you missed the recent posts. Stay around, everyone is so lovely and supportive! Maybe we will meet each other in class if we both get in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    Hi Anna,
    I was wondering where you went to! I had my interview in February and have applied for the exact same choices as you. That's a shame that you missed the recent posts. Stay around, everyone is so lovely and supportive! Maybe we will meet each other in class if we both get in!!
    Hopefully we do! I've read through the most recent posts today and everyone seems to benefit from this wee forum so I'm glad I at least got the ball rolling, I'll need yous all now more than ever! I had mine in feb too and the waiting has been horrible lol so nervous and excited at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we do! I've read through the most recent posts today and everyone seems to benefit from this wee forum so I'm glad I at least got the ball rolling, I'll need yous all now more than ever! I had mine in feb too and the waiting has been horrible lol so nervous and excited at the same time
    I know how you feel! It's been a long wait since Feb and although I've been working and been kept busy in so many aspects of my life I still feel I need to know either way as it affects my work and personal life xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    I know how you feel! It's been a long wait since Feb and although I've been working and been kept busy in so many aspects of my life I still feel I need to know either way as it affects my work and personal life xxx
    I'm the same, I've taken the year out this year and I've been working full time but I know the anxiety is taking its toll on me and my personal relationships it's a difficult wait

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.