Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks no news here yet either! Nerves are wrecked! Has anyone else applied for the parttime in UU?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I duno how to apply individually so my apologies to anyone that has comment on my posts. Nerves are really setting in now I think at this stage we have all passed the interview, now its the wait to see if we got between 40&60 marks for a place, interview is 30 to pass. We all came away from interview with exact same feelings so fingers crossed we all get a place.

ReputationRep:
    So is it if u get above 40 out of 60 u are offered a place or what makes u think that? I'm really jushoping cz like everyone on here its all I want to do : keep over thinking it and I need to know asap for my sanity lol . Is anyone sure of what score would almost guarantee u a place on the two yr course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny coll)
    So is it if u get above 40 out of 60 u are offered a place or what makes u think that? I'm really jushoping cz like everyone on here its all I want to do : keep over thinking it and I need to know asap for my sanity lol . Is anyone sure of what score would almost guarantee u a place on the two yr course?
    Those with highest interview marks are offered a place first Jenny,then it will go down the list until places are gone....then the reserve list will made up of those who scored over 40,highest mark first if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that makes sense thanks. Wonder what the highest marks are at moment I wouldn't imagine I've scored that high

ReputationRep:
    Important to remember also that while people may score well in INterview they may not get the required grades from their courses etc
    and also those who score will more than likely be offered a place in all their choices which takes up spaces but they will be turning down some offers....therefore freeing up spaces

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I understand that just would love tto be offered a place when we first hear in may rather than continuing to wait and hope if u know what I Mean. I feel pretty silly that I didn't apply to the three yr course also as a backup. Really hope I have scored high. Wonder what the highest scores r at moment

ReputationRep:
    do we hear if we are on the reserve list? like say if you were on the reserve list would you have to include that as one of our firm and insurance choices so you have the chance of getting like?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also raging I didn't apply for 3yr an I deffs don't think iv scored high. How many placez an how many applied I can't see me getting a place now keep going ovr questions in my head an tormenting myself lol my answers will not get into the higest rank. Ah I hate the wait, an really want a place x

ReputationRep:
    Andrea did u only apply to two year course aswell? I just cannot wait to know so I can start thinking of reapplying r making plans for It. Did u apply to ulster and Queens r what way did u do it ?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if the personal statement will count aswell as the interview when deciding places? I feel like i didnt speak enough in the interview about my own personal experiences and qualities.

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping that too but I'm not sure it does. This wait is really buggIng me lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jenny, I just applied to magee, I'm hoping they go on your personal statement as well as I didn't get to mention any of my experience at the interview. Altho the questions were straight forward, I just ans them to the point an now going over them I can see where I could've brought in my experience, but at the same it would've felt like I was just throwing it in lol ah my head is over thinking everything lol x

ReputationRep:
    My aunty is a social worker and she told me once you get to the interview stage you start a clean slate so I don't think it does guys I'm gutted myself because my personal statement really reflects on my experience x

ReputationRep:
    Although maybe they make an exception if there were marks around the same they may look at the personal statement to make a final decision x

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what u mean I thought at that time the questions were really difficult to answer and threw me way off track however as u say thinking back on it there was opportunities to mention all I had Prepared. We really do just need to pray we have done better than we think. The amount of applicants is freaking me out compared to the amount of Places.
    I rang again today regarding finding out and itl b any time from 30th April to 7th May I have butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it!

ReputationRep:
    It's so competitive the course, but no matter what if it's what you want there is no point giving up until you get in. we have all came very far, as heaps of applicants get rejected at the very first few stages so they must see something in all of us,

ReputationRep:
    Do u know how many they took to interview for the two year course?

ReputationRep:
    Are interviews still ongoing?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't a clue how many its deffs a great achievement getting this far but il be gutted if I lose out by few marks, il be kicking myself then for not mentioning anything lol iv butterflies too an the wait is killing me its all im thinking abt an topic of convo at the min lol....I can't help but think if there is roughly only 40places and 100s apply then iv no chance of being 1 of the 40 going by that interview way to sore on myself!! (My husbands words) lol x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.