Legislation
    Policies
    Service users

Are all great buzz words

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! And well done getting an interview x

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    does anyone know how to address the envelope to send the 2nd personal statement into QUB. I don't appear to have got the 'enclosed sae envelope' or else the dog or kids have got to it!!???

ReputationRep:
    Waveydavey its.

BSW Admissions B Caldwell
    School of sociology, social policy and social work
    Queens university Belfast
    6 College Park
    Belfast
    BT7 1LP

ReputationRep:
    Congrats lilyshea in your interview..

ReputationRep:
    Hey how is everyone..

I'm in the middle of writing mysecond statement, I do have a lot of personal experience in the areas of mental health and family and childcare social services, just struggling on what to write for number 3 as I don't want to come across damaged if you know what I mean, thinking I mite just keep it honest and simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie..)
    Hey how is everyone..

I'm in the middle of writing mysecond statement, I do have a lot of personal experience in the areas of mental health and family and childcare social services, just struggling on what to write for number 3 as I don't want to come across damaged if you know what I mean, thinking I mite just keep it honest and simple.
    I struggled with Q3 too for the same reasons. Mine was hard to write because it was personal. I kept mine brief and to the point. Thank you for giving me the address.x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many places for sw are in ulster uni for the BMC 3 year route?

ReputationRep:
    Hi waveydavey personal things are hard to write about but will prove a great benefit. Your welcome about the addy. Not sure how many places are in bmc. Just really hope i get an interview at least.

Bernie...

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your interview Lilyshea!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. So much to study for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my second statement sent yesterday, just hope its enough for an interview, fingers crossed for us all.

How is everyone doing?

Bernie..

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Bernie!

Lilyshea, I got word of my interview a few days ago...stressed is not even the word! :L

Best of luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and congrats on interview mmq when is it and were.. How long after statement did you wait on interview date..

ReputationRep:
    Well done on interview mmq02. I sent my personal statement back last Wednesday and have had no response as yet. I was wondering the same as you Bernie. I've already started the interview prep to be prepared incase I get that far. X

ReputationRep:
    I think I heard back roughly two weeks after I sent back my second personal statement so don't be worrying !

Its in 2 weeks approx! So nervous! Been trying to just read up on lots of current issues, and writing out interview questions and trying to practice saying answers but probably on the day I'll just be coming out with word vomit ahha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    Does anyone know how many places for sw are in ulster uni for the BMC 3 year route?
    There are 30 in my class, assume same amount this year.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I remember along with my interview date they sent a sheet of paper with guidelines on stuff to look over. They asked questions related to all of the things mentioned in the guidelines. Also know your values and professional social work values! Massive buzz words atm, as well as anti-oppressive practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    I think I heard back roughly two weeks after I sent back my second personal statement so don't be worrying !

Its in 2 weeks approx! So nervous! Been trying to just read up on lots of current issues, and writing out interview questions and trying to practice saying answers but probably on the day I'll just be coming out with word vomit ahha!
    You will be great!! And on the day all your hard work will pay off and you will remember it all!! Keep positive xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaPanic)
    There are 30 in my class, assume same amount this year.
    Thank you Emma. Any tips for our interview?! X

ReputationRep:
    As above, know your own value base and why you want to be a social worker. Know your professional social work values and the NISCC Code of Practice. Read up on anti-oppressive practice and you need to be able to talk about a certain area of social work and what it is that social workers in that area do, e.g - mental health, gateway, older peoples services etc. Also, I have always been asked about discrimination in some form. Could also be asked about social work skills such as communication and observation. Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.