Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RangerDanger)
    Hey Tammy, I'm in the same boat. I called them up and they explained to me that as I had already taken out a loan for study on the mainland UK I would not be entitled to another loan. I was however entitled to the maintenance loan, as everyone gets that. Think its about 1k a term. They also told me not to worry about deadlines, the loans can be applied for anytime.
    I called student finance ni, and they said the Same. So I need to apply asap (get the kids in bed before I tackle that).

Thanks for your help folks!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from Magee absolutely devasted, although I'm only 17 so just going to pick up the pieces and apply next year

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a learning experience Fran. You are young and have lots of time ahead of you. Take this year to do some volunteer work, or a gap year? xxx

ReputationRep:
    I already do voluntary work, have had so many past personal experiences, worked at the children's court and everything give it my best nothing more I could have done so so gutted

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 offers for bmc n swc. Waiting on queens.

ReputationRep:
    Aww folks sorry to hear some of use didn't get in, it's so unfair as I'm sure everyone would be fantastic when it's something everyone is so passionate about doing!!
    Congratulations to those who got offers, brilliant news for use!

still nothing here and my nerves are wrecked!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all who got a place an well done il wait for clearing an if not then il try again next year. I wish u all the very best, yous are goni make brilliant Social workers x

ReputationRep:
    The 3rd year of bmc n swc are in Derry right? That's y I want queens. Although I have those backup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran10)
    I already do voluntary work, have had so many past personal experiences, worked at the children's court and everything give it my best nothing more I could have done so so gutted
    BUT! you've been through the process, you know you are capable of writing two personal statements to get you to interview stage. Plus you have had the experience of sitting a panelled interview. It will happen you can try again.

I am 30, I don't have time on my side, when I graduate I will be mid 30s. Keep trying! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Got unconditional offers for UU 2yr Magee and UU 3yr BMC. So excited!!! Still waiting on Queens, phoned them today. They said they will start sending out offers next week. Still hoping for Queens, but excited either way!!

ReputationRep:
    I was unsuccessful for the 2 year route at Magee still waiting to hear back from bmc and 3 yr Magee but I'm not too hopeful. Well done to everyone who received offers, I have no doubt yous will be brill social workers <3

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear this Fran I know how much you wanted it! Did you apply to queens? you might have an offer for there.

ReputationRep:
    Also congrats to everyone who got offers!! Those who were unsuccessful, keep trying!! I didn't get in first time, most people don't!! If it's meant to be it will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    So sorry to hear this Fran I know how much you wanted it! Did you apply to queens? you might have an offer for there.
    I am so so gutted! But yeah I did, but I will probably be rejected because queens will probably have a higher standard as their grades are higher than Magee

ReputationRep:
    I am so so gutted! But yeah I did, but I will probably be rejected because queens will probably have a higher standard as their grades are higher than Magee
    stay positive you never know what way they process things!! there is still a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    stay positive you never know what way they process things!! there is still a chance
    I really hope so! Best of luck too you as well, it's just awful the way you wait so long and they reject you last minute

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected too /:

ReputationRep:
    Jsut went on to check after reading these and i got offers for the 3 year and 2 year at ulster, im actually in shock!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry for people who didn't get offers :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Im so sorry for people who didn't get offers :/
    Congratulations, you so deserve it!😊

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.